HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-05-2008, 07:32 PM   #1
madubois63

Madame DuBois speaks...

There is so much I want to say. I have been sort of silent for the last few days because of the loss of the most AMAZING breast cancer warrior friend. My heart is absolutely broken, and I just am at such a loss. I met Stephanie Koslow on the aol board 4 years ago. We had an instant connection and laughed and cried day and night. First it was always e-mail, posts and then Ambien infested IM's that didn't make sense in the middle of the night. Then it was phone callls all through the long sleepless nights. Through her pain, Stephanie's artisitc talent came out. She started schetching Hudson Valley landscapes that were absolutely amazing and hid a little pink ribbon in each picture. She started to display her art in the newly revised up and coming Poughkeepsie art world - that she helped revise. She was asked to make speaches and was invited to San Antonio this past year to teach an art healing class to one of the pharmacetical companies as a patient advocate. Steph's mom lives in Flushing, NY, so that was a half way mark for us. I'd drive there when she was visiting and we'd go out and have sushi (a huge love for both of us). He step dad always paid! I got to visit Steph in Poughkeepsie a few times over the years and walked across the Hudson River and just stood in the middle of the bridge for the first time in my life. Steph came to visit me on Long Island and we drove around visiting little water ways and just having fun. When I had the bone marrow transplant so far from home, Stephanie's Artistic statements, art and poetry lined my doors as inspiration for others roaming the halls. She learned to snow shoe and hiked mountains when she could barely move. She dated even though she was so sick at times. She took laughter classes and just inspired me to be better.

My biggest problem with Stephanie was her care. She was negative everything and didn't have any chemo at all over the last 3 1/2 years. I really feel her doctors did her the biggest disservice due a person of such dignity.

Stephanie leaves behind a son, Russell, a sister, Kate, her mom and step dad and three cats that she adored. She also leaves behing a legacy of breast cancer art and a "Second Life." She worked with the American Cancer Society in Second Life and her name was Artisitic Fimicoloud.

www.stephaniekoslow.com
Adriomycin Cytoxin Taxol
Tamoxifen 4 1/2 yrs
Radiation - 32 x
Metastatic BC lung/liver 10/04
thorocentesis 2x - pleurodesis
Herceptin Taxatiere Carbo
Femera/Lupron
BC NED 4/05
chemo induced Acute Myeloid Leukemia 5/06
Induction/consolidation chemo
bone marrow transplant - 11/3/06