HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-15-2007, 02:49 PM   #1
Christine MH-UK

Who has recurred after four years?

Hi everybody,

In the San Antonio forum there is a very interesting link to a study of 350 Hawaiin her2 positive primary breast cancer patients, diagnosed in 1995 so they never go herceptin, which indicates that these patients either died within the first 38 months or made it the entire decade.

Yet I know of a few people who had recurrences at 6-8 years after a primary. They managed to live a few years afterwards, surviving the decade but not making it overall. The ones I can think of were er+ and had 0-1 nodes involved. On the other hand, before I started paying for late herceptin for my primary cancer, I carefully researched recurrence among her2+ er-/pr- patients with 4+ nodes and the longest time to a recurrence I could find was 3 years.

I was wondering who has recurred after four years and if my hunch that it is mainly patients who might not think of themselves as high risk. This is important because there is a tykerb trial for patients who are more than 38 months out from treatment but who did not receive herceptin.
Christine MH-UK is offline   Reply With Quote