Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-24-2007, 07:39 AM   #1
Taffy

Xeloda, Scared please help!

Hi ladies!

Just to give you a brief history .....

I was diagnosed with bc in my right breast four years ago and had a mastectomy, chemo and rads. All was well until two years ago when I developed a new primary in my other breast. It was misdiagnosed for months and by the time they got round to doing something it had affected the skin of the breast (though it's not IBC). I am Stage 111c.

I was given Taxotere followed by Herceptin and the tumour disappeared. My last mammo showed no sign of cancer in that breast! As you can imagine, I was so relieved. I even did a dance around my kitchen! All that remains are three tiny nodules on my skin at the side of my breast (where the cleavage would be if I had one!) which my onc says are dead cells. He says I've had a complete clinical response to treatment. However, as I worry about the nodules (inspecting them everyday!) he has agreed to give me Capecitabine (sp?).

Now I am wondering just what I've let myself in for! I've heard all the bad stuff about this treatment, the diarrhoea, hand and foot, sore mouth ect, but the thing that scares me most is the thought of having a low immune system. When I had Taxotere I was in hospital for a week with neutropenic sepsis and I'm terrified that that might happen again.Can anyone tell me just how badly this stuff affects one's immune system? I'd be grateful for any advice before I start tomorrow.

love

Taffy

Taffy is offline   Reply With Quote