HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-21-2007, 09:40 PM   #1
Tricia

UPDATE....2 days post Mastectomy...

Hello Everyone.... Thank you all so much for the thoughts and prayer and good words. I wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I had surgery on THursday at about noon...Surgeon said everything went well...did have to cut one nerve that went to the back of my arm...no biggie...I guess just numb. I wont know the status of the lymph nodes until Monday but anxiously awaiting that news. I must say that feeling my now flat breast with the badages on really seemed okay... but yesterday when the surgeon came in to check on me and removed the bandages.... I saw such an ugly sight..... I looked up at my husband and just sobbed and sobbed...I really thought I was emotionally prepared for the loss...but seeing it and how ugly it was and so painful.... But I have had lots of positive affirmations....from those around me that love me.... I know this is all temporary too... I will have reconstruction after I am finished with my chemo which will be this time next year. It amazes me how well prepared I thought I was.... and in reality I wasnt at all. But I love coming here to this place of acceptance and refuge and hear your stories and the things that helped you all through your war on cancer. Glod Bless you all and all your family members that have walked the road with you.... as even being there for someone else is not the easy road....my husband is there with me every step of the way and I know his part even though he is not afflicted himself is just as rough.
er+/pr- her2 +++ Stage 3b
several tumors
largest 7cm
port placed on Jan 18, 2007
Chemo started Jan 22, 2007
Herceptin/ Taxol every 3d week and then my Dr changed me to Taxotere/Carboplatin/Herceptin
every 3d week
Right Mastectomy w/ Lymph Node Dissection 4/19/07
27 removed 9 positive
Margins-clear but wall to wall
Radiation scheduled for 6/07
Tricia is offline   Reply With Quote