HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-08-2007, 12:21 PM   #1
Joy

the name of the game for now is...

STABLE DISEASE. I think that is good, right? I will stay on Navelbine and herceptin with a re-evaluation of things in 8 weeks. Which is what I was hoping for, for now. There was glucose uptake in the liver as we knew there would be and we were never sure about the bone spots and they glowed too. And there is section of the lungs that took the glucose as well. We have not been certain of bone and lung involvement, but I guess it is true. Now that being said, those spots on the past many CT's have not seemed to change at all as compared to the liver lesions which react quite a bit to treatments that work and to those that don't. Any thoughts? My lungs have not changed, and I'll confirm with my sister-keeper of the records, in years. So my question has always been, if the liver tumors change acccordingly why don't these weird spots on the lungs?

Anyway, tykerb came up and she thought that March 30th was the date, but it sounded like she wasn't sure what date to believe. And she mentioned doing that with xeloda in the future. She looked at the data from San Antonio regarding Herceptin and Avastin and is hopeful that bigger studies will be done. She said if we need it we will use it, but she wanted a little more data to be put out. She keeps mentioning either Doxil or Epirubicin as good choices, but, and here is where I whine, I don't wanna do Doxil or Epirubicin!

I still want to pursue the SIR spheres, but not sure if it would be done since according to the PET, the liver is not the only site. I just think it still would be a good choice to reduce the burden in the liver.

I still want the disease to go away too.

Bottom line, I'm getting my hair done.

Thank you so much for your thoughts, ideas and your prayers and support.

dx stage I 2/2000*er/pr+; her- per IHC*lumpectomy*4 rounds A/C*30 rads*tamoxifen*dx stage 4 5/2002*huge mets to liver*tiny mets to lungs*stopped tamoxifen*5/02 taxotere/xeloda*her 2 checked with FiSH-her2+++herceptin *2/03 stopped chemo femara w/herceptin*zolodex*04 switched to aromasin w/herceptin*05 high estrogen tx*11/05taxol/carbo*7/06 stopped chemo; megace/herceptin*9/06navelbine/herceptin*5/07tykerb/xeloda great response*4/08 progression in liver; ooph/ faslodex /herceptin
6/08 began Herceptin DM-1
9/08 progression
Joy is offline   Reply With Quote