HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-17-2007, 01:24 PM   #1
Angela

Unhappy Update

Well, it has been a really long week. Sunday night I developed a fever of 102 and ended up in the hospital with a blood infection. When the dr. came to see me on Monday he had the results of my MRI that we did just as a baseline. They found 3 small tumors. 2 on the right side and 1 on the left side. I have already started whole brain radiation treatments. I will receive 14 days of radiation. I also asked the dr. for a chest x-ray to see what my lung mets were doing. I was afraid he would argue that I had only had 2 chemo treatments and 4 herceptin treatments but he order the x-ray with no problem. The good news is that the tumors have already decreased by 25%. My dr. was so excited.

I have no knowledge of what to expect with whole brain radiation and at this point I don't have the energy to study. If anyone has any information about what I should expect I would really appreciated it. They keep talking about me being tired but no one tells me how tired or how long that might last. Any info will be greatly appreaciated.

I guess I'm still in shock because I haven't really set down and cried. Right now I just feel like a burden to my family. I don't have children. It is just me, my husband of 6 years and my mom. But everything has to be scheduled around my treatments and how I'm feeling at time. Right now I'm suppose to be at a wedding for some very good friends of ours and my husband had to go without me. I guess I just want life to return to normal but there is no more normal. There is just day to day.

Thank you all for being apart of this site and for all you do!

Dx May 2003 at age 39
Lt mastectomy, no nodes
DCIS, PR- ER- Her+++
4 rounds AC
Recurrence Dec 2006 Rt lung
2/07 - 3 Brain mets - Radiation
3/07 -
Carboplatin and Herceptin
8/07- mets stable. Finished Carboplatin-remain on Herceptin
12/07 - Herceptin only
5/08 - Lung mets grew - tykerb and Navilbene. Reaction to Tykerb -9/08 Herceptin again
12/08 - Lung mets growing - xeloda.
8/09 - Given Zometa for precaution
10/09 - Lung mets back plus new ones. - Put back on Xeloda.
1/10 – Began short-term disability

2/10 –Lung mets growing - Gemzar
9/2010 – Scan show tumors in lungs growing. Put on Ixempra (every 3 weeks). MRI of the brain showed a brain bleed but it had stopped bleeding.

Angela is offline   Reply With Quote