HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-16-2007, 08:54 PM   #11
jones7676

Location: I live in Christmas, MI - located on the shores of Lake Superior.
Red face

I have worked a variety of jobs throughout my life but my primary field has been health care. I have worked in nursing homes, as a home health aid, as a mental aid and a clerk at small stores.

I worked as an Administrative Assistant starting in 1998 for a small non-profit that contracts services to mental health agencies and started college in 2000. I am one semester from completing a degree in Accounting/Business Management. I had just started a job as an accountant (2 weeks) when I developed a brain met. Unfortunately it caused right sided weakness and rendered me unable to drive. The employer could not hold my spot. I also had brain surgery and gamma knife surgery to the "bed" of the tumor, so I am home on disability.

My friends call me "woman interrupted"!

Currently I do crafting and cardmaking when I am feeling well. My most recent Pet Scan showed a great increase in activivity within my lung and bone met in my femur so I started Navelbine in addition to the Herceptin in late January. I am sure hoping that Tykerb is available soon!

It is very interesting to learn more about all of you!
jones7676 is offline   Reply With Quote