HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-28-2006, 11:56 PM   #1
Sherryg683

Tykerb w/Herceptin while in remission dilema

I was talking with my Oncologist today and he said he thinks Tykerb will be approved by the end of the month, I read Christina's post about it being in February. I have read in "Cure" magazine about Tykerb being used with Herceptin and how they think it would be very effective. I am Stage IV but have been NED for 8 months now, I take Herceptin weekly pretty much till it quits working. My dilema is I am really wanting to get on Tykerb with HErceptin to help prevent reoccurance. But I am also wondering about should I save Tykerb for the day (if and when) Herceptin does quit working for me. I wouldn't want to form an early immunity to it, does this make sense? Is anyone else here in the same situation as me and have you discussed this with your Oncologist and if so, what did they say. I asked my Oncologist if he thought it would be beneficial to me to get on both and he said he really didn't know the answer to that..he's pretty honest He has brought up both points that I made. I really like the idea of Tykerb crossing the BBB and protecting the brain. I also think that if the combination of both will keep me disease free for more years, there may be something else that will be developed in the meantime... What are your opinions on the subject and what are you gals planning on doing? ..sherryg683
Sherryg683 is offline   Reply With Quote