HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-28-2006, 07:41 PM   #1
Joy

down

Hi all, I've had no computer for a while and have spent much of the day catching up. I so hope holidays brought some warmth and happiness to each of you. Mine were lovely and I'm so lucky to have the family that I do.

I've been ruminating on something though and it really has me sad today (Lisa and Hope's passings are also making me very sad for all involved).

In November, as I shared, I had a CT that showed that since I started Navelbine with Herceptin in September my biggest liver met had shrunk by 50% and another stubborn one was gone. I had also had the CTC 5 weeks into this treatment that showed 0 CTC's. All great news. My CA27.29 has always been fairly accurate since we began using them several years ago. Prior to the November scan it had dropped from the high 200's to about 150 ish-had the scan-good news-had another CA 27.29 it was still about 150. I had it drawn again 2 weeks ago and it is only down to 143.

When I was on taxol/carbo/herc after about 6 mos the markers hovered around 80 for another 2 months and that was when we switched gears.

I have this fear that after only 4 months this is plateauing also. This means I am starting to run through treatments quickly. I feel fine other than a stupid chest cold that is finally getting better after a few weeks.

Do you think there is any hope that the navelbine is still causing regression? Am I just freaking out for no good reason? I have never been NED and I would so love to be (duh-don't we all). I know stable disease is good too. All I know is that I'm not ready to start running out of options. I can't leave my kids, I just can't.

been missing all of you and am glad to be back in the 21st century a little.

dx stage I 2/2000*er/pr+; her- per IHC*lumpectomy*4 rounds A/C*30 rads*tamoxifen*dx stage 4 5/2002*huge mets to liver*tiny mets to lungs*stopped tamoxifen*5/02 taxotere/xeloda*her 2 checked with FiSH-her2+++herceptin *2/03 stopped chemo femara w/herceptin*zolodex*04 switched to aromasin w/herceptin*05 high estrogen tx*11/05taxol/carbo*7/06 stopped chemo; megace/herceptin*9/06navelbine/herceptin*5/07tykerb/xeloda great response*4/08 progression in liver; ooph/ faslodex /herceptin
6/08 began Herceptin DM-1
9/08 progression
Joy is offline   Reply With Quote