HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-16-2006, 10:07 PM   #1
MGordon

Light a candle for Lisa tonight

Angels -

News is not good in Colorado right now. After an absolutely terrible night spent with the home hospice nurse, this morning we had to move Lisa into in-patient hospice. In short, her bowels, intestines, and stomach have all stopped functioning and we are left with only alleviating her pain and misery. As I type Lisa is getting the first real sleep she has had in several days/nights - all in a super-dosed morphine induced haze.

The doctor has given us a prognosis of "days" and we are gathering friends and family to the hospice center. We can no longer provide her with any food/drink as anything that goes into the stomach worsens her condition.

Please light a candle for Lisa and remember her courage and love. Carry on her fight! She loves all of you and would be typing to you all now if she were able.

I wlll to my best to keep you all posted but my greif comes in waves and I am so numb I cannot promise much.

Love and Light
Mel