HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-21-2006, 10:23 AM   #1
lindyjo

2 questions

Hello Everyone,
I was wondering if anyone lost any toenails during chemo?? I lost 5! And of course it was during sandal season!! It wasn't very painful, just annoying and gross. My other question is about follow up tests after treatment. I see where lots of people on this site mention having different scans. My onc says other than periodic blood work and physical exams, there would only be scans or tests if I had symptoms. Does anyone know why some onc's do follow up tests and some don't?? That really bothers me because I went from being told the lump in my breast was nothing to Stage III cancer in 7 months! I had a mastectomy on left side in March, did 6 and 6 of A/C & Taxol and started Herceptin at same time as Taxol am currently doing 33 rads and will be on Herceptin until next July.
For me the hardest part is living every day knowing this horrible disease could come back. Don't get me wrong, I don't walk around oozing gloom & doom. I'm a happy person who enjoys life but that fear lingers inside. I look forward to corresponding with all of you. Today I am off for a few days in Vegas to celebrate my anniversary. It will be nice to get away from all the medical stuff for a few days, I just wish I had some hair!!!! More later.... lindyjo
lindyjo is offline   Reply With Quote