HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-15-2004, 04:38 AM   #1
lauren

i don't know what you are even talking about. i wish you the very best, you and everyone else here. my agenda, if i have one at all, is to NOT freak people out. a lot of stuff has been brewing around here giving adriamycin a bad name. it is STILL the drug of choice for her2neu positive women in the ADJUVANT setting. i don't know anything about the metastatic setting. all i know is that when research that says that a drug is BAD is quoted, the STUDY should be ANALYZED for whether or not it is a good study. A study that showed the way adria reacted among 35 patients is simply not worth squat. Period. End of story. What i hoped was to debunk the MYTH that adria is bad, and THEREFORE make all of the MANY women who have taken adria in the adjuvant setting feel GOOD about their treatment.

i don't pretend to be a doctor. i simply AM a very analytical person. and personally, i am someone who does not take it lightly when the drug that made my hair fall out and made me sick for 12 weeks of my life is said to CAUSE my cancer to spread. when someone says that, i am going to look into it, and look into it HARD. and when i see a stupid study that is completely TRASH because it studied a sample of 35 women, i am going to CALL it as i see it.

stupid study. that's all i am saying.