HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-07-2011, 10:50 AM   #1
laurie2007

Gemzar - side effects and response rates?

I'm about to start Gemzar for my stage 4 cancer and was wondering about the side effects experienced by people and whether or not it has worked in slowing down the beast. Have already run through navelbene, tykerb/zeloda, doxil, taxol, one clincal trial of MM111 and the list is getting shorter. Wish TDM1 had been approved but there is no local available trial for me (Boston area). Any hints and or success stories for Gemzar would be welcome!
1999 dx invasive cancer along with DCIS. Invasive is small (.4 and .1) but also microscopically multifocal.(several microscopic areas of invasive cancer). Also lymphovascular invasion. After mastectomy, biggest piece of cancer they found was 4mm. In aggregate, about one cm if not slightly more. Chemo not recommended and px was excellent. ER +, HER neg. Tamoxifen 5 years.
11/07, mets in both lungs, bones (not legs or arms), and skin. ER + and FISH test was 2.5 so mutated into HER2N+. . Arimidex 11/07 - 3/08, Navelbine and Herceptin weekly 1/08 - 8/08. Tamoxifen + Herceptin 8/08 - 1/09. Tykerb/Zeloda 3/09- 7/10. Doxil 8/10- 11/10. Clinical trial 12/10 - 4/11. Taxol + Herceptin 6/11 - 8/11. Gemzar 9/11 - current. Intermittent radiation for lesions on skin, hips, chin nerve, sinus bleeding. Watching and waiting and hoping for a miracle.
laurie2007 is offline   Reply With Quote