HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-24-2009, 11:19 AM   #1
margiermc

New to the group/just diagnose 1 year ago/scared everday

I am a new member - just recently registered. It's been one year ago that I was diagnosed. I had 10 weeks of treatment - scared everynight I go to sleep? any recommendations, I'm trying to enjoy each day.
margiermc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 11:35 AM   #2
Cal-Gal

Re: New to the group/just diagnose 1 year ago/scared everday

HI Margie MC-

I am so sorry---

I am also approaching one year--(in about 3 weeks) and this past week-I have had a lot of emotions--depression--crying--upset--cant stop thinking about recoccur etc--

I think it might be the fact that I am leading up to the 1 year mark---????

The vet's can lend us both a word of advice on that possibility--

Prior to that I have been doing quite well and really enjoying being in the moment--just read 'A New Earth' by Eckart Tolle--and 'The Hope' by Andrew Harvey--both books helped me center myself in the "NOW"---

Sending loving and positive thoughts your way--
ILC-4 tumors-1.7 cm,1.5 cm (2).8 cm
DCIS-11 cm
All tumors Grade 3
All tumors ER-0%/PR-0%
All tumors HER2+
IHC-all tumors Overexpression/borderline
FISH 2 tumors Her2-Negative
FISH 2 tumors Her2+ Equivocal
Stage I, 0/1 nodes
LVI-Indeterminate(treated as positive)
SPR Score 8/9
Ki-67 20%
BRCA genetic test 1/2=negative
Chemo: 6 rounds TAC Feb-June 2009 w/Neulasta
Herceptin: 6/12/09-6/4/10 52weeks
HNPCC genetic test: negative
Port Placement-9/23/09 Port Removal 6/25/10
Echo's every 3 months-All normal
2/09 Staging PET/CT showed 0.2 micronodule upper R lobe-lung-Onc does not think this is mets--
6/5/09 AND 10/09 CT scan 0.2 micronodule unchanged
1/10-PET/CT-uptake in nasopharynx-
1/10-MRI All normal
6/10-Bone Scan-clear
12/10-PET/CT-All Clear-NED
12/11-PET-All Clear-NED

12/12-PET-All Clear-NED
12/13-CT w/contrast Head, Torso-All Clear
12/14-CT w/contrast Head-All Clear
2/15-Core needle biopsy-R scar line

Cal-Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 12:20 PM   #3
Lien

Hi margiermc

I am sorry you need us, but so glad you found us! Being scared is part of the package. We've all been there, and we keep going back for more! But the times between the bouts of fear increase. We learn to live with it. We find a new normal.

Could you tell us a bit more about your diagnosis and treatment? Perhaps we can make you feel a bit better. Many of us are doing well, and some of us are years and years out from diagnosis.

It's okay to be scared. You've been dealing with a life threatening disease. But you are still here! And you've come to the place where nobody will judge you or tell you to think positive. We are here to listen and to support you.

Love

Jacqueline
Diagnosed age 44, January 2004, 0.7 cm IDC & DCIS. Stage 1, grade 3, ER/PR pos. HER2 pos. clear margins, no nodes. SNB. 35 rads. On Zoladex and Armidex since Dec. 2004. Stopped Zoladex/Arimidex sept 2009 Still taking mistletoe shots (CAM therapy) Doing fine.
Lien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 12:51 PM   #4
margiermc

I am 47, was diagnose 8/8/08 on olympic game opening in China. How can I forget? My family was
enjoying the ceremony - and I could not stop thinking about the lump I found and diagnose as DCIS. The
doctor said, it does not spread. My lumpectomy was
9/2/08. All was well, at least I was told. On my 7th round of radiation - my back ached. I went to the er.
The doctor's said, they found liver met. My liver biopsy
turned out to be her2+++, they placed a port in me, I had 6 rounds of tax, carb, herc. and became NED 1/23/09 - 10 weeks later. I lost about 18" of wavy blonde hair - my farrah fawcett hair - as everyone would say - and now I have 2" of new hair - same color, same texture. I feel fine. I go for a vaccine once a month to University of Washington - Dr. Salazar, Nove 16 is my last vaccine. I'm just plain scared. My tumor marker test results are next Fri. they just did the new Her2 serum test. Out of 1 year diagnosis - I called Christine and was very depressed. She wanted me to share my story.
I was a teacher, have 2 teens - one 19, boy - he is in college of engineering/USF. My 18, girl - she is a senior, just accepted into USF for nursing. I graduated from USF. University of South Florida, Tampa. Yes, I travel once a month from Tampa, Florida - to Seattle WA, not around the corner. I did see great places like Mnt Raineer and Mnt St Helen and San Juan Island - just beautiful.
I am catholic, but very christian and I believe that Jesus healed me - I made a cross and lay it on my liver every night asking for the blood of Jesus to heal my liver. My enzymes have been normal for 11 months.
I know not everyone will have the same faith system, but I truly believe it worked for me and medicine (herceptin). Thank you, god bless, margie
margiermc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 02:01 PM   #5
CindyE

Hi Margie,

I am about a year and a half out from my diagnoses of BC. I too worry and keep checking all my lumps and bumps wondering at times if the cancer has returned. I think it's just normal. We faced a vicious foe and worry about it rearing its ugly head again. I try to enjoy life and pray that God will help me with my worries. I am comforted by God's word that says to turn all our fears and worries over to Him and that he will comfort us. I remind myself that life is short and I must enjoy each and every precious day that I have on this earth. One never knows when it might end. So take heart that you are feeling better now and can enjoy your life, your family, your friends, and cherish the good times now.
Take care and I will add you to my prayer list.

L/IDC, 1.2 cm, Stage 1, Her2+, ER+/PR+ at age 48
4/15/2008 Lumpectomy + sentinel node biopsy
Margins neg and Nodes neg (2 tested)
MUGA score 55 on 5/6/2008

Treatment starting 05/08/2008:
Chemo 4 cycles, 3 weeks apart with Taxotere & Cytoxan - Chemo - Done 7/24/2008!
Herceptin for 1 year
Radiation starting in 9/2008
MUGA score 61.9 on 9/04/2008
33 Rads with boost - Done 10/13/2008
MUGA score 58 on 12/01/2008
MUGA score 59 on 3/16/2009
Herceptin for 1 year - Done 4/27/2009
MUGA score 64 on 6/22/2009
All scans - NED 6/24/2009
MRI - NED 11/10/2009
All scans - Still NED 8/25/2011
Still NED 2017!

I am calling this my pink journey
Follow my journey into the pink at my blog here

CindyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 02:27 PM   #6
schoolteacher

Margie,

I am glad to meet you also. I am a teacher too. I believe God has helped me with my healing also. Next month, it will be two years since I found my cancer.

Thank you for sharing your story with us.

Amelia
schoolteacher is offline   Reply With Quote