HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-08-2008, 01:04 PM   #1
Soccermom

Unhappy Severe and rather sudden hair loss

Hello friends,
Sorry I haven't been around much.Went back to work 6 weeks ago, then my best and only friend here in Jackson,MS was diagnosed with mets to lung and pelvis after 10 years NED. I am heartsick..
I also went out on medical again for more revisions to hips where my skin had fused to bones. SO I am home now for a few weeks and have time and the heart again, to chat.

I have a BIG problem ,while not life threatening, I find extremely depressing.

My Hair is falling out like crazy. This began 8 weeks after my Stage 1 DIEP surgery at the end of August, slowed a bit from Feb-April, and since surgery last Thursday is going crazy again. I have the same black streaks on my tongue that I did then ,too. (Am on Clindamycin post surgery)

I finally let is grow longer this past year and now its so thin I *think* I may have to cut it off again. Losing my hair (thick and waist length) was in some respects harder for me than my breasts.

What kind of Dr do I see? Can I use Rogaine or Nioxin? I hope I dont sound too vain, but i work in retail and thinning hair, unlike my former breastless state, is something you cant really hide..( I HATE wigs, went bald or wore scarves during chemo). I just dont get this and everything I am reading says it may not be reversible as the follicles can be dying!

I take Centrum Silver, Mega B complex ,extra C normally but havent been able to since I have had reflux since surgery...sigh

HELP, please! Brenda, you there???

Marcia

Last edited by Soccermom; 04-08-2008 at 01:09 PM.. Reason: Typos
Soccermom is offline   Reply With Quote