Old 10-10-2007, 07:36 PM   #1
Esther

MBCN Conference at MD Anderson

MANAGING METASTATIC BREAST CANCER: NEW TREATMENT OPTIONS

Second Annual MBCN Conference
November 17th and 18th, 2007
at MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas

www.mbcnetwork.org/adv_events.html

I anybody else planning to attend? I read over the program scheduled and it seems fabulous for us bc metsters. I have already booked my flight and hotel room. If anybody else is planning to attend, I'd love to meet up with you there.

There will be a chance for question and answer periods from the audience at every presentation.
Esther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 08:40 PM   #2
hutchibk

Esther - I just got an email about it today... but haven't looked at the link. I will look at it in a minute, but I think you can count me IN! I am only 2.5 hours from Houston and MDA puts on very good conferences. I went to a Survivor's conference last year and it was excellent. So, I will see you in the middle of Nov in Houston! Let's talk soon and make some plans.

NOV 2012 - 9 yr anniversary
JULY 2012 - 7 yr anniversary stage IV (of 50...)

Nov'03~ dX stage 2B
Dec'03~
Rt side mastectomy, Her2+, ER/PR+, 10 nodes out, one node positive
Jan'04~
Taxotere/Adria/Cytoxan x 6, NED, no Rads, Tamox. 1 year, Arimadex 3 mo., NED 14 mo.
Sept'05~
micro mets lungs/chest nodes/underarm node, Switched to Aromasin, T/C/H x 7, NED 6 months - Herceptin only
Aug'06~
micro mets chest nodes, & bone spot @ C3 neck, Added Taxol to Herceptin
Feb'07~ Genetic testing, BRCA 1&2 neg

Apr'07~
MRI - two 9mm brain mets & 5 punctates, new left chest met, & small increase of bone spot C3 neck, Stopped Aromasin
May'07~
Started Tykerb/Xeloda, no WBR for now
June'07~
MRI - stable brain mets, no new mets, 9mm spots less enhanced, CA15.3 down 45.5 to 9.3 in 10 wks, Ty/Xel working magic!
Aug'07~
MRI - brain mets shrunk half, NO NEW BRAIN METS!!, TMs stable @ 9.2
Oct'07~
PET/CT & MRI show NED
Apr'08~
scans still show NED in the head, small bone spot on right iliac crest (rear pelvic bone)
Sept'08~
MRI shows activity in brain mets, completed 5 fractions/5 consecutive days of IMRT to zap the pesky buggers
Oct'08~
dropped Xeloda, switched to tri-weekly Herceptin in combo with Tykerb, extend to tri-monthly Zometa infusion
Dec'08~
Brain MRI- 4 spots reduced to punctate size, large spot shrunk by 3mm, CT of torso clear/pelvis spot stable
June'09~
new 3-4mm left cerrebellar spot zapped with IMRT targeted rads
Sept'09~
new 6mm & 1 cm spots in pituitary/optic chiasm area. Rx= 25 days of 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the tumors.
Oct'09~
25 days of low dose 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the bone mets spot on rt. iliac crest that have been watching for 2 years. Added daily Aromasin back into treatment regimen.
Apr'10~ Brain MRI clear! But, see new small spot on adrenal gland. Change from Aromasin back to Tamoxifen.
June'10~ Tumor markers (CA15.3) dropped from 37 to 23 after one month on Tamoxifen. Continue to monitor adrenal gland spot. Remain on Tykerb/Herceptin/Tamoxifen.
Nov'10~ Radiate positive mediastinal node that was pressing on recurrent laryngeal nerve, causing paralyzed larynx and a funny voice.
Jan'11~ MRI shows possible activity or perhaps just scar tissue/necrotic increase on 3 previously treated brain spots and a pituitary spot. 5 days of IMRT on 4 spots.
Feb'11~ Enrolled in T-DM1 EAP in Denver, first treatment March 25, 2011.
Mar'11~ Finally started T-DM1 EAP in Denver at Rocky Mountain Cancer Center/Rose on Mar. 25... hallelujah.

"I would rather be anecdotally alive than statistically dead."
hutchibk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 08:46 PM   #3
hutchibk

The site is not very informative with some of the details (as in the address at MDA where it is being held, and the cost...) and it won't let me register online, it just keep shooting it back when I hit register telling me over and over to enter the code at the bottom (even though I did and did and did...) It doesn't say how much it costs. Do you know?

Nov'03~ dX stage 2B
Dec'03~
Jan'04~
Taxotere/Adria/Cytoxan x 6, NED, no Rads, Tamox. 1 year, Arimadex 3 mo., NED 14 mo.
Sept'05~
micro mets lungs/chest nodes/underarm node, Switched to Aromasin, T/C/H x 7, NED 6 months - Herceptin only
Aug'06~

Apr'07~
MRI - two 9mm brain mets & 5 punctates, new left chest met, & small increase of bone spot C3 neck, Stopped Aromasin
May'07~
June'07~
MRI - stable brain mets, no new mets, 9mm spots less enhanced, CA15.3 down 45.5 to 9.3 in 10 wks, Ty/Xel working magic!
Aug'07~
Oct'07~
PET/CT & MRI show NED
Apr'08~
scans still show NED in the head, small bone spot on right iliac crest (rear pelvic bone)
Sept'08~
MRI shows activity in brain mets, completed 5 fractions/5 consecutive days of IMRT to zap the pesky buggers
Oct'08~
dropped Xeloda, switched to tri-weekly Herceptin in combo with Tykerb, extend to tri-monthly Zometa infusion
Dec'08~
Brain MRI- 4 spots reduced to punctate size, large spot shrunk by 3mm, CT of torso clear/pelvis spot stable
June'09~
Sept'09~
new 6mm & 1 cm spots in pituitary/optic chiasm area. Rx= 25 days of 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the tumors.
Oct'09~
25 days of low dose 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the bone mets spot on rt. iliac crest that have been watching for 2 years. Added daily Aromasin back into treatment regimen.
Apr'10~ Brain MRI clear! But, see new small spot on adrenal gland. Change from Aromasin back to Tamoxifen.
June'10~ Tumor markers (CA15.3) dropped from 37 to 23 after one month on Tamoxifen. Continue to monitor adrenal gland spot. Remain on Tykerb/Herceptin/Tamoxifen.
Nov'10~ Radiate positive mediastinal node that was pressing on recurrent laryngeal nerve, causing paralyzed larynx and a funny voice.
Jan'11~ MRI shows possible activity or perhaps just scar tissue/necrotic increase on 3 previously treated brain spots and a pituitary spot. 5 days of IMRT on 4 spots.
Mar'11~ Finally started T-DM1 EAP in Denver at Rocky Mountain Cancer Center/Rose on Mar. 25... hallelujah.

Old 10-11-2007, 09:01 AM   #4
Julie2

Esther,

I would love to goto the conference, but I can't becuase of the kids.
Could you please give us the information about any interesting and hopefull treatments after attending it?

Thanks,
Julie
Old 10-11-2007, 10:08 AM   #5
Esther

Brenda the conference is free. The code at the bottom is hard to see, I kept getting it wrong, but eventually guessed at what it wanted and it let me register.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:10 AM   #6
Esther

The conference is being held at the MD Anderson conference center. If you want to stay there overnight, they have negotiated special rates with the hotel that is across the bridge from MD Anderson.

$98 for a king room
$99 for 2 queens

I think the conference is free, because it let me register and never mentioned payment or cost.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:08 PM   #7
Sherryg683

I think I am going to go also. I just registered. I am in Baton Rouge, which is just about 5 hours from MD Anderson. My brother is probably going to be up there getting treatment then and it may also be a chance to see him. What is the name of the hotel across the street? ..sherryg

Diagnosed: December , 2005 at age 44
13+ positive lymph nodes
Stage IV , Her2+, 2 small mets to lungsChemo Started: Jan, 2006
4 months Taxotere, Xeloda, Hercepin
NED since April 2006!!
36 Rads to follow with weekly Herceptin indefinately
8 years NED now
Scans every year

Life is not about avoiding the thunderstorms, it's about learning to dance in the rain!
Sherryg683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 06:26 AM   #8
Esther

Here's the information on the hotel across from MD Anderson:

Jesse H Jones Rotary House International (managed by Marriott)
This hotel is attached by an interior bridge to MD Anderson's Cancer Center.
Address 1600 Holcombe Blvd, Houston Texas 77030

Rooms are available for Nov 16 Friday and Nov 17th Saturday nights.

1-800-847-5783 mention the MBC Network Conference
1 King room $98 per night
2 Queen room $99 per night

The conference itself is free.

It will be great to meet some of you in person!

Old 10-17-2007, 11:40 PM   #9
Sherryg683

I will definately be there and will book my rooms tomorrow. My brother is in the last stages of melanoma and is at MD Andersons at the present. This may give me a chance t visit and be with him some while he is away. He has been staying at the Radclff and says its very nice. They admit him to the hospital this weekend. I really want to go to this and will see you girls there. I feel we owe it to ourself to be as up to date and informend as we can possibly be. ..sherry

Diagnosed: December , 2005 at age 44
13+ positive lymph nodes
Stage IV , Her2+, 2 small mets to lungsChemo Started: Jan, 2006
4 months Taxotere, Xeloda, Hercepin
NED since April 2006!!
36 Rads to follow with weekly Herceptin indefinately
8 years NED now
Scans every year

Life is not about avoiding the thunderstorms, it's about learning to dance in the rain!
Sherryg683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 01:42 AM   #10
hutchibk

WHEW, finally got registered...

Nov'03~ dX stage 2B
Dec'03~
Jan'04~
Sept'05~
Aug'06~

Apr'07~
May'07~
June'07~
Aug'07~
Oct'07~
PET/CT & MRI show NED
Apr'08~
Sept'08~
Oct'08~
Dec'08~
June'09~
Sept'09~
Oct'09~

Old 10-18-2007, 08:17 PM   #11
dorinda

hey girls, i am thinking of going. i live in pasadena,texas, which is only abouy 20 mins. to md anderson. it just depends if i can get off work. it is my weekend to work and also i have two daughters that are gona have my grand babies and they are due the 1st of dec. but could come early. so will see how things go. i hope i get to go, will love to meet yall and also hear the seimar. take care dorinda
nov 2006 dx. with bc. 3 tumors removed from left breast lumpectomy done. her2 postive er+pr-. scans showed extensive spine mets(to many to count) ,3 tumors on left rib,one tumor on skull and 3 tumors on liver. stage IV from get go. dec.2006 started chemo taxol and herceptine wkly. zometa monthly. rescanned in march 2007, liver tumors shrinking a little. bones to early to tell but pain is gone in my back. rescanned in june 2007. liver mets gone, bone scan looking better but still alot in my spine. still on taxol and herceptine. zometa monthly. rescanned in august due to ca 2729 going up. liver still good , mets in ribs and skull gone but multiple areas still on lumbar and sacrum. mri of brain august 07 negative for mets.I AM BELIEVLING GOD FOR MY HEALING.
dorinda is offline   Reply With Quote