HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-07-2006, 09:03 AM   #1
Jean

Red face May prove useful for those on chemo

Hello All,
since many of us feel the tired kick backs from our treatments I thought this article may be of interest to some....

http://www.drweil.com/u/QA/QA367756/

To be followed by a tasty menu.....

http://www.drweil.com/u/DT/DailyTip3307//

Jean
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 10:57 AM   #2
R.B.

I cannot disagree with this but from reading fundamentals must include getting the gut in good working condition, and balancing the fats - add to this as wide a variety as possible, including greens, coloured fruit and veg, whole foods, cut out sugar, cut out trans fats, include a few nuts, a few seeds, and high omega three sources ground flax/oil depending on your preference, fish including oily, maybe some sea weed, maybe some whey protein, maybe a green powder with digestive enzymes, gut flora etc.etc. AND cut out high omega six sources vegetable oils to balance the omega threes and sixes.

Still working at it myself!

It is very much personal but the diet basics of a large number of healthy eating books follow a similar theme. There are lots of food with particular properties but the basics must be in place to get full benifit.

Please consult with your advisor in respect of significnat dietary change.

Good books include

Breaking the Viscous Cycle (Intestinal Health) Elaine Gotterschall
Smart Fats M Schmidt

RB

Last edited by R.B.; 07-07-2006 at 10:59 AM..
R.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 11:19 AM   #3
Jean

Help!

Thanks RB
For your great input! Could you clear this up for me. I am strongly er postive
90% and of course I do avoid Soy. I have read re: the flax oil/seed and now
I am confused since Onc. said stay away from soy and flax oil/seed etc.
and I do remember reading a recent post that in fact flax seed is okay or is it the other way around with the flax oil? See I do need you to clear this up for me. I do take Omega 3 but daily supplements and do watch the Omega 6 use only Olive Oil etc. Any help will be appreciated regarding my confusion between the flax - I purchased flax seed oil from my health store and have not begun using it until I clear up the issue. It offers 3-6-9- Barlean's highest Lignan
Cold pressed 100% Organic -

Thank you for all your wonderful posts.

Jean
Old 07-07-2006, 12:48 PM   #4
R.B.

Flax seed summary rb

I cannot give you a definative answer on flax. I only "research" at the start interest for my own interest, then out of a need to understand, and then a need to try and communicate the potential importance of what I had read particularly omega three six and digestive health which I am now trying to put together to see if it might make a book.

From the differing views on flax it is obviously a hotly debated issue. Oncs are very busy and may not have time to keep up with changing debates, and I dont know on what grounds the advice was given so am no position overall to comment on a particular oncs views.

I suggest that you print out the attached posts and ask your onc what they think of the various arguments made - you never know they might be pleased to be given information they have not seen before or may be able to come back with more knowledge to add to the board.

I hope this helps.

RB

I have titled it as "flax seed summary rb" to try and make it easier to find again by search if it is needed.

http://www.her2support.org/vbulletin...ight=flax+seed

http://www.her2support.org/vbulletin...ight=flax+seed

http://www.her2support.org/vbulletin...SEED+confusion
R.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 11:12 AM   #5
Jean

Many thanks

RB
Thank you once again for your input, will print and read then run it with my onc . I am finding that the onc I work with here in NJ is a bit removed from vitamins and does not as he said to me "believe in them" so I am not expecting much from him. I am seeking to find a doctor who practices nutrition in my area that will assist me and tailor to my needs. Will get to work with what you sent. Once again - many thanks for your reply.

Jean