HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-04-2006, 12:38 PM   #1
Amy

Question for Navelbine users

Hi everyone,
Today, I just had my 4th weekly dose of Navelbine for lung mets. I have an appt with my Onc next Wed. and I asked if I was going to have a chest CT or x-ray prior to my seeing her so we could see where I'm at from where we left off. She said she'll examine me and decide from there whether I will have a scan or not.
My question is, how often did those of you, treated with navelbine, get "scanned" to monitor your state of condition??? Prior to this I was on Xeloda and had chest x-rays every 3 weeks. Also, my wbc count is low, therfore, I'm having a shot of nuepogen tomorrow but she had to cut my dose down to 20. Did any of you experience low wbc so soon???
Thanks for any input.
God Bless, Amy
Amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 03:15 PM   #2
Patty H

I never had any low blood counts with navelbine. I did have scans every two months to see if navelbine was working for me. When it was for a lymp node that was removed, they just set an amount of navelbine, which was 6 months, since they couldn't check it out on a scan, but for lung mets, I had scans around every two months with all the chemos I tried. Patty H
Patty H is offline   Reply With Quote