HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-07-2005, 04:09 AM   #1
kristen

Wink 2 year Anniversary of being NED

November 7, 2003. 2 years ago, I was getting ready to go under the knife to have my mastectomy and I am so happy to say that I am still here and NED. I am grateful that I was lucky enough to get on the BRCIG study and get an arm with Herceptin. Today is a good day with many more to come.

I want to thank Joe and Christine for this site and all these wonderful women and men that have helped me over the last 2 years understand what was happening to my body and what to ask and how to take a pro-actice stance in my health care. You have made this journey or this path in life for what ever reason a much smoother one. You have all played an intrical part in my recovery and to that I want to say Thank you from the bottom of my heart! I hope you all realize how very special you are to give the time and support that you do to me and others who are just beginning this path and the most important thing you give us is HOPE. 2 years ago, the dx was a lot different then it is now and back then you were my life line and still will be with your experiences and research and humor and commoradity (sp) (joe, we still need spell check, he he). I wish you all A Good Day today too.
MRM: 11/07/03
TX: TCH-BRICG Study-6 tx's; 12/15/03
Herceptin; til 12/14/04
Rads: 30 days
BRCA neg
S-Gap: 12/15/04
Oct 05: LAVH
NED
kristen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 07:17 AM   #2
RhondaH

Congratulations!!!!

And MANY MANY more anniversaries.

Rhonda Hoffman
RhondaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 09:39 AM   #3
lu ann

Smile Congratulations, Kristen!

I'm so happy for you, Kristen. You are such a supportive friend and I am glad to have met you, although I wish it were under different circumstances. Keep your possitive and upbeat attitude and you will live a happy life no matter what you have to face.

Love and Bessings, Lu Ann.
lu ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 12:10 PM   #4
StephN

Thumbs up Also my surgery anniversary.

Hi Kristin -
So, HAPPY that you are doing as well as you are. And, not to mention going to bat for others in the cancer situation. Fighting for others is one good way to get outside ourselves and get our own problems to recede into the background instead of driving us nuts day after day! You have the basic understanding of your disease and know the possibilities down the path. But you are well-armed with information and friends to back you up if need be. That takes a load off, doesn't it?!?

It has also been a good week for me in that Nov. 2 was my FIVE year anniversary of my lumpectomy and the news of HER2 positive. At that time, I was facing a tough chemo regimin to be followed by 36 rads. I had no idea then that my road would be so hard AFTER all that! But, we fight on and rise to the occasion.

A lot has changed for me, but I am still basically a happy and healthy person, even though I have a cancer that has tried to kill me twice now in that five years. Perspective does a lot to give one a new outlook on life!
Here I am to see my parents celebrate their 59th wedding annivesary tomorrow. Number 60 is a MUST see, for I know they will be around, and I have to do the same.

Last edited by StephN; 11-07-2005 at 12:12 PM..
StephN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 05:19 PM   #5
kristen

Smile

Dear Steph,

Congrats on 5 years and many more counting! That is so cool 59 years for your parents, you just don't hear that very much any more. What a mile stone and YES, I have no doubt that you will be here next year to help celebrate the big 6-0! & 61 &....

Enjoy the celebrations and continue with bewildering the doctors with your unprecedented I am gonna live attitude and rewrite medical history. Thank all you ladies for "showing them" that I ain't gonna take dying laying down and I am gonna fight. I just love all of you. Your brilliant!

MRM: 11/07/03
TX: TCH-BRICG Study-6 tx's; 12/15/03
Herceptin; til 12/14/04
Rads: 30 days
BRCA neg
S-Gap: 12/15/04
Oct 05: LAVH
NED
kristen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 06:08 PM   #6
chrislmelb

Great news Kristen and StephN.

All the best to you both.

Christine
chrislmelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 06:42 PM   #7
Rozebud

K - Congrats my friend. Happy anniversary. I'm right behind you in 2 months. You and I, we'll be together celebrating our 25th and welcoming grandkids! (well, maybe a few more years than that for mine...)

Dx'd 1/04 at 33, while 33 weeks pregnant

Dx: Stage IIIC IDC, ER-, PR+ (23%), Her2=2.7 (IDC)/7.6 (FSH), 2.5cm primary tumor, grade III, 11/18+ nodes (largest 3.8 cm)

Treatment: A/C *4, T *4, 1 year of herceptin (BCIRG 006), mastectomy, rads (7 weeks), zoladex (5 years) with tamoxifen (2 years)/aromisin (3 years), bilateral SGAP summer 05 at NOLA

Oops, retested tumor and I guess I'm er/pr- after all.
Stopped all hormonal tx 10/07. Periods resumed 6/08. Bye bye hot flashes!!!!

http://www.edrie.com/kopecky
*~VISIT OUR FAMILY!~*
Rozebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 09:30 PM   #8
michele u

Happy 2nd Anniversary Kirsten. Are you going to buy yourself a puppy like I did for your 2nd? Ha Ha
michele u is offline   Reply With Quote