HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-25-2005, 02:00 PM   #1
jojo

Hi Kim,

So, what did your doc have to say in your appointment today? I hope you have a good, aggressive plan of treatment. Crossing fingers & toes for you! :-)
Old 07-27-2005, 11:07 AM   #2
*_Kim in CA_*

Hi Jo Jo,

My appt. with Dr. Larsen went very well. He said that the Doctors have a meeting every Thurs. to to discuss which patients are eligible for the Gamma knife and decide who gets treatment. He assured me that I was a perfect candidate and that I could call on Thurs. afternoon and schedule my treatment at that time. They are running about two weeks out for treatment appointments.

I am just so glad we found it early and that I am able to get right on it! It is just amazing to me that I will be able to have this procedure and go out and ride my horse the next day. Having recently discovered the sport of endurance riding, I was very relieved that there would be no down time for me and I could continue conditioning for my next ride in August.

I must say that having to battle this beast everytime it raises it's ugly head, has given me the courage to try things I probably wouldn't have. And most importantly to truly enjoy the gift of EVERYDAY!

Thanks again to this board for making me aware of the importance of regular brain MRIs !!!!

Thanks for your kind thoughts Jo Jo,

Love Kim
Old 07-27-2005, 01:13 PM   #3
StephN

Hi Kim -
Very glad to hear that you are a good candidate for Gamma Knife. This procedure is quite easy to endure and you really WILL be able to get out and about the next day. The main thing that got me down was the Decadron, but you have not mentioned having to take that yet. Maybe they will give you some when they decide on the plan tomorrow.

All will be well!
StephN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 11:04 PM   #4
jojo

Hi Kim,

Then you are in good hands, after all! :-) I have met Dr Larsen myself, and I admire his devotion to treating his patients.

There were a couple of times, where I would email to him, and ask if I could walk into his office and shoot off my questions. And my emails came in like 3 hours before our meeting time, or a day before. He always said yes every time; he didn't get to tell me to schedule an appt with the "front desk". He is very presentable to his patients.

I know I couldn't dare do that to my own onc, knowing how this clinic operates day to day. But I should count one blessing about having her, though; she is very faithful & reliable in responding to her emails from me. And I shouldn't complain about her very aggressive approach to cancer treatments.

Let me know which day you will have gamma knife, and I'll do some prayers for you! :-)