HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-01-2005, 02:16 PM   #1
imported_Joe

I found this posting on www,bcsupport.org, our sister site.

Regards
Joe

I'm Cured
Posted by Zoe Queen of Hope on July 1, 2005, 1:14 am

Yes you read that right. I'm still cured. I haven't been here in a couple of years but I wanted to drop by tonight and share my good new with you wonderful ladies. It's been 2 years now and my last Pet scan (last week) shows I have no active cancer anywhere!
So a little back ground info is in order here. I was diagnosed Nov 2002 with stage 4 BC. Had about 19 tumors scattered about and the surgeon said I had 6 months to live. I did chemo, Taxotere/Xeloda combo for 9 treatments, and then had a bilateral mastectomy and total hysterectomy. and I still had tumors, mostly in my bones, that weren't responding to treatment. My oncologist offered me a phase 1 clinical trial for HER-2 Protein AutoVac (made by Pharmexa in Denmark). I was 1 of 50 women world-wide to participate in phase 1. The drug turned on my immune system to eat up the remaining cancer cells and it must have worked because I'm still here and cancer free. Haven't had any tumor growth or activity for 1 1/2 yrs now. Probably longer but can only say 1 1/2 years because that's when my scans were done after the trial (Jan of 2004).
This story points out 2 important things. 1: doctors don't alway predict the future correctly (my surgeon for example)
2: there just might be a cure of each of us just around the corner
I know that now everyone wants to post a reply and ask me how to get this drug. I have to tell ya you can't YET. The phase 2 trials are set to start in Hungary and end there in 2006. GlaxoSmithKline purchased the right to do a phase 2 trial here in the USA but to my knowledge they haven't started yet. So my best guess for further information is to contact GlaxoSmithKline and find out what the hold up is or to contact Pharmexa at info@pharmexa.com and find out from them if a phase 2 is being planned in the USA. I truly wish I could have some answers for you,,,even get the drug for you but alas I can't.
I will pray for you, my sisters. In fact, I've been praying for you all for sometime just never mentioned it
Have a wonderful, powerful, and blessed day
Take GoOD care
Old 07-01-2005, 05:59 PM   #2
Lolly

More good news indeed!! This is really encouraging and shows that the vaccines are definitely the wave of the future!

<3,
Lolly
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 11:52 PM   #3
Steph N

Very interesting and it is great to hear from these ladies who had positive results from these new therapies! Am very curious to find out more on this AutoVac and how it is any different from the vaccines being worked on in Seattle and elsewhere.

That really is a stunning result.
Old 07-02-2005, 07:43 AM   #4
joy

What a "day brightener" Joe. How exciting!
Love, Joy