HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-15-2005, 06:58 PM   #1
Kristen

Jeff,
I couldn't find any info on the estrogen thing and BRAC, so my genetic counselor called tonight to set up a time to see her again and I asked her what the statis of ER/PR were. She said in most cases (not all) that you will see women w/BRAC2 that are estrogen postitve and BRAC 1 they tend to see more ER-. but again not always.

It's all numbers and just because you may carry it doesn't mean you will ever get anything.
Anne was asking about HER2, from my family experience, 3/13 girl cousins, all had er/pr- and 2 for sure are HER2 +, but if it is brought on by stress, well than I think I know why I got it and her. The other one was 11 years ago and they didn't test for HER2, but she had no hormones positive. That's all I know. Take Care, which isn't much, K
Old 02-15-2005, 10:46 PM   #2
Kristen

Jeff, this article is old, 1998, but it talks about HBC in young women are hormone neg, it's at Pub Med indexed for medline #9781655
Old 02-16-2005, 06:44 AM   #3
*_jeff_*

Thanks so much, Kristen, for the great info and leads.

I have a seven year old daughter and I know it's crazy to worry about her at this point, but some days I feel like I want to know everything so that I'll be able to help guide her when all this information becomes relevant to her.

Luckily, at this point, her main issue is getting rid of the lice that's been going around her 2nd grade classroom! I think we've beat those critters back...

Best,
Jeff