HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-29-2005, 04:40 PM   #1
Lyn
A Living Legend

Cool Pain Meds and itchy

I saw my onc yesterday and of course my main concern was pain from my shoulders and neck not related to BC. My onc gave me a combinaiton of Endone 5mg (oxycodone hydrochloride tablets) and OxyContin tablets 10mg (also Oxycodone hydrochloride tablet) he converted the amounts back into morphine doses. The OxyContin lasts about 12 hours and the Endone 3-4. Problem is that Oxycontin only takes about 20 minutes to work and the Endone 40 minutes and just makes it to 3-4 hours before pain sets in. I have noticed that I am feeling itchy since starting this combo but I don't seem to be alergic to any drugs, so asking if anyone has alergy to pain relief and should I start taking the Endone 40 mins before dose and if so why isn't it explained to take every 2 hours 20 mins or does that make it look bad on paper. I have been adding an anti-histamine as well. So still trying to work out pain meds without becoming an addict, at least I am pain free at the moment.

Love & Hugs Lyn
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 05:19 PM   #2
sassy

Lyn,

If I may ask, what is the source of pain in your neck and shoulders? I believe you said it is unrelated to bc. Curious because I am having neck and upper back pain trying to not take pain meds.

Best to you,

Sassy
________
PAKISTANIHAIRYBBW cam

Last edited by sassy; 08-22-2011 at 08:36 AM..
sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 07:37 PM   #3
dskdrive

Where????

Where is Mouth of Wilson,Va. I am from Dublin, Va which is about 20 miles from Va. Tech in Blacksburg, Va.

Doris
dskdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 09:40 PM   #4
sassy

very close...

28 miles east across the mountain from Marion.
12 miles west of Independence on 58.

Not very far.
Know Dublin, Radford, Christiansburg, Blacksburg, etc.

Sassy
________
VAPORMATIC DELUXE REVIEW

Last edited by sassy; 08-22-2011 at 08:36 AM..
sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 06:55 AM   #5
lu ann

Dear Lyn, I was on oxycontin and oxycodone for a compression fracture caused by bone mets. I switched to a fentanyl durelgesic patch because it is more conveniant and seems to be less constipating. I change the patch every 72 hours. I did not experience any rash or itching from the oxycontin or oxycodone. Blessings, Lu Ann.
lu ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 03:30 PM   #6
Patty H

I have never taken those pain meds but when ever I take loratabs or percet I itch afterwards. But not enough to stop me from taking them. Patty H
Patty H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 02:26 PM   #7
Lyn
A Living Legend

Smile

Thanks for the info, hopefully I will find out tomorrow what is causing the pain, I am having a MRI done, I will have to wait a couple of hours after so I can get the results, I will peek at the report, forwarned is forearmed. I have never experience such pain, the other night I could hardly move and just about convinced my self I have a fractured vertabrae, for some reason I had forgotten to take my 12 hour slow release so when it kicked in with the Brufen as well I was feeling much better, probably a lot of the aching is from tension worrying about what the MRI will reveal. I had a bone scan and MRI done last April and apart from the neck area we knew about there was nothing much to report on. How are we supposed to know if we are addicted or it is real pain? I know mine is real pain at the moment, worse than when I fractured my other shoulder the first time round. My CA-15 tumour marker was 9 and we are still treating the right breast, so hopefully that means there is nothing there, but if there is I my as well forget having the CA-15 done anymore, having biopsy on 12th.

Love & Hugs Lyn
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 07:04 PM   #8
Lolly

Lyn, so sorry you're in such pain. I know it's really a downer, your good humor in spite of it all is amazing, but then you're an amazing woman. Keep us posted!

<3 Lolly
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote