HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-26-2005, 12:59 PM   #1
Kristen

I had my blood drawn for the test on May 23, and I still have not gotten the results back from the nurse. Every time I call she tells me they haven't come in yet. I was wondering if any of you have had to wait this long for results?

Any tests that I have had, have come back within a 4 day period except the full pathology report after my mastectomy. This just doesn't sit right with me for some reason. Just wondering what your experience was. Thank you. Take Care all. k
Old 06-26-2005, 08:17 PM   #2
Christine

Hello K

I would think the lab it was sent to is not in your area. Ask your Onc or nurse where the lab the your serum was sent to. I recently asked for this test and it was sent to Lab Quest , who are familiar with this her2serum assay test. My test results were back in approx 2 weeks. I am trying to stimulate interest in this simple her2 blood test so the labs everywhere can become acustomed to performing this test routinely. It can be a valuable tool for the oncologist and the patient to monitor an increase or decrease that can indicate the chemo is working or an indication of progression. My result was in the normal range, as expected; I've been cancer-free for 4 -5 yrs.
I feel it is a worthwhile effort. I you would like me to check with the Bayer biotech for information on getting results from a lab nearby your medical facility, I can get back to you soon by phone.
Please send me your name, address and telephone number via my e-mail address,
Christine@her2support.org
Old 06-26-2005, 08:22 PM   #3
Christine

Hello K

I would think the lab it was sent to is not in your area. Ask your Onc or nurse where the lab the your serum was sent to. I recently asked for this test and it was sent to Lab Quest , who are familiar with this her2serum assay test. My test results were back in approx 2 weeks. I am trying to stimulate interest in this simple her2 blood test so the labs everywhere can become acustomed to performing this test routinely. It can be a valuable tool for the oncologist and the patient to monitor an increase or decrease that can indicate the chemo is working or an indication of progression. My result was in the normal range, as expected; I've been cancer-free for 4 -5 yrs.
I feel it is a worthwhile effort. I you would like me to check with the Bayer biotech for information on getting results from a lab nearby your medical facility, I can get back to you soon by phone.
Please send me your name, address and telephone number via my e-mail address,
Christine@her2support.org