HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-30-2005, 10:01 AM   #1
Unregistered

breast cancer that spread to lungs

anyone have exp w/this? trying to find info for a friend.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:51 AM   #2
Unregistered

Hi- I just posted a reply to Maria about this question.Please read my response. If you want anymore info. -let me know. God Bless- Cathy
Old 11-30-2005, 05:04 PM   #3
Patty H

I have lung mets. I have no symtoms from them. I have tried several chemo's for them over the last 3 years. When I was first dx with lung mets I ask my Dr. if we could remove it with surgery. He said yes if I only had one, but at the time I had several small ones also. My last couple of scans has only shown the one lung met, so he suggested I try this novalis radiation on it. I am now in the middle of radiation on the lung met and I wish I had brought up the idea of surgery again. Because after talking to the radiation Dr. I don't think this will ever be an option for me after all this radiation. Lung mets seem to be very treatable. Patty H
Patty H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 05:07 PM   #4
TriciaK

Hi, I was diagnosed with breast cancer 20 years ago, in 1985. It reoccurred in my spine in 1990. Had no chemo or radiation either time, only surgery and tamoxifen. In June 2004 mets showed up in my lungs. I had 6 months of navelbine, herceptin and femara, then only femara and herceptin until mid November, 15 months all together. The last PET scan showed no evidence of cancer; it was all gone! The oncologist said I could be on herceptin another year, but my last heart scans showed my heart was weakening. (I had had a heart attack just prior to finding the lung mets) The oncologist has stopped the herceptin, but says we can continue it if desired when the heart is stronger. I have been on a vegetarian diet mostly, have included lots of faith and prayer,and the herceptin and chemo and femara evidently worked well. Good luck and best wishes! Tricia
TriciaK is offline   Reply With Quote