HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-05-2004, 04:07 AM   #1
Linda in Calif.

Hi Ladies: I just wanted to let you know that I recieved a check in the mail today from the Attorney General of Calif. for settlement of the legal case involving price fixing of Taxol. As this is "money from heaven" and not expected I thought that I could do with it as I pleased. Now, I could go out and buy something sparkly to adorn myself with or take a weekend vacation somewhere but I thought, here is a chance for something really GOOD to come out of my cancer experience. I thought of all of the charities I could give this money to: The Red Cross, The American Cancer Society, etc. Then I thought of the organization that has been there for me every day with encouragement, information and friendship.....the HER2 Support Group. So, I am going to donate the money I recieved to the HER2 Support Group with the suggestion that any of the rest of you that recieve a check in the mail over the next few weeks think about doing so, too. I want to thank all of you for being there for me through thick and thin, hair and no hair. I especially want to thank Joe and Christine for making this site a reality. Take Care, Linda in Calif.
Old 06-05-2004, 04:57 AM   #2
Janelle

What a wonderful gesture! You are special to do this. I've heard what some of the settlements totals are and this is a wonderful gift.

Hugs,
Janelle
Old 06-05-2004, 03:11 PM   #3
Lolly

Linda, you deserve a big HUG! I'm still waiting for my envelope to come, but now I know "the check's in the mail" LOL!
BIG HUGS,
Lolly
Old 06-10-2004, 04:24 AM   #4
Steph N

Hi Linda -
That is so VERY generous of you. I got my Taxol settlement check last week, but owe too much to my cancer center in co-pays to use it for anything else.
I DID, however donate the $50 from the Herceptin survey to this web site. Decided I don't need to order anything from Amazon as much as this site needs help or to get the HER2 publication off the ground.
Old 06-10-2004, 06:19 PM   #5
Linda in Calif

Hi Steph: I was lucky to have had all of my medical bills caught up when I got my check. I don't often have "extra" cash (I do Child Care in my home and while I love my job it doesn't pay too well.) but I felt like I had gotten so much from the site that I wanted to help out just this once. I am hopeing to get one of the Precious Moments figurines...they looked really nice in the picture Christine posted. I am sure that you are enjoying yours. What a nice thing to do by taking the time to do the survey and then donate the money to the HER2 site. You know, I just can't get over how great most of the people are that post here! Take Care, Linda