HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-22-2004, 03:02 AM   #1
Jackie

Joe, I wanted to say that I think you have done (and continue to do) a remarkable job with this website. It is much easier to navigate inside, and the format of the message boards is superior to most others I've seen. Just wanted to say thank you!
Old 05-06-2004, 12:04 AM   #2
Eleanor

I thought I was the only one with this. I don't have any evidence of lymph involvement, yet my neck on the right side (masectomy on left) has been swollen for about 18 mos now. Sometimes it appears on the left, but it's always on the right.
The dr's are baffled. It's right where my neck and shoulders come together. Looks like I have a pillow there. Very weird.
el
Old 05-06-2004, 10:52 AM   #3
Lyn

You are welcome, have your docs done a MRI on your neck, I got sick of having CT and ultra sounds to be told there was nothing there and it has taken my 12months and finally a MRI to say yeah you're right there is something. They look at us weird like we don't know our own body. I find it is making my shoulder week with the streatched feeling I get, a bit like tennis elbow.

Big Hugs Lyn.
Old 05-06-2004, 10:01 PM   #4
eleanor

Yeah, I've had several MRIs and CT scans for the past 18 months and nothing is there. It's just this big puffy thing sitting on my neck/shoulder. So they're attributing it to prednisone. In other words, they have no idea.
el
Old 09-27-2004, 08:08 AM   #5
Ruth

Thank you all for responding to my concerns. I didn't even think of the marker tests done every three months...my veins started rolling after A/C and they wouldn't cooperate. Has anyone had experience with veins improving?

I just wish that the port wouldn't protrude as much as it does. When I say it sticks out - I mean it REALLY sticks out! I am thinking of reconstruction surgery perhaps in 2005 or 2006 and then that might be a good time to take it out. I have been leaning towards leaving it in for at least for 2 years following ending chemo treatment.
Again, thank you all so very much!
Ruth