HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-30-2005, 02:09 PM   #1
Patty D

Herceptin and grapefruit

Awhile back I read a posting (Can't remember from who) saying that if you are on Herceptin you should not have grapefuit or the juice. I asked my chemo nurses about it and they said they had not heard this. Can someone enlighten me as I love grapefruit and hate to give it up. Thanks for your insight. Patty D
Patty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 02:30 PM   #2
RhondaH

It was ME!!!!

I've read on some drugs and cancer drug trials that grapefruit can affect the effectiveness of the drug. I asked my chemo nurse about this and she said that yes this is true (my dental assistant also, said this was true and if you look at some drugs and or trials, it tells you not to eat grapefruit w/ it). I don't know if Herceptin is one, but I am willing to give it up while I'm on it as I was MAXIMUM effectiveness. Take care.

Rhonda Hoffman
RhondaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 02:32 PM   #3
RhondaH

Here's part of my original post

breastcancer.org Info
Grapefruit juice and medication[list][*]Certain components in grapefruit decrease the level of a particular enzyme that helps clear medications from the body[*]This interaction causes unpredictable changes in the amount of medication that your body can absorb[*]Medicine that accumulates in the body may cause an increase in side effects[*]Do not eat grapefruit or drink the juice while on tamoxifen, since grapefruit can interfere with absorption[/list}

Rhonda Hoffman
Old 12-04-2005, 09:28 PM   #4
al from Canada

Patti,

This is one of the new posts I am working on.....coming soon
Al
Old 12-05-2005, 06:17 PM   #5
Rozebud

They asked about grapefruit on breastcancer.org and was told it was a no-no while on tamoxifen....Here is the quote:

Sharilyn: Would supplements to cleanse/remove toxins in the body interfere with the activity of the tamoxifen I take?

Lisa Goldberg: For sure there are certain nutrients like grapefruit products that interfere with the absorption of tamoxifen and therefore, they can't be taken in combination. There is also a long list of herbs that can interfere with tamoxifen as well: Black Cohosh, Dong Quai, Red Clover, Licorice Root, and Wild Yam. Grapefruit is not a plant estrogen, but it contains an enzyme that gets metabolized in the liver, which can interfere with most medications.

Full text:

http://www.breastcancer.org/cmty_trans_2005_10.html

Dx'd 1/04 at 33, while 33 weeks pregnant

Dx: Stage IIIC IDC, ER-, PR+ (23%), Her2=2.7 (IDC)/7.6 (FSH), 2.5cm primary tumor, grade III, 11/18+ nodes (largest 3.8 cm)

Treatment: A/C *4, T *4, 1 year of herceptin (BCIRG 006), mastectomy, rads (7 weeks), zoladex (5 years) with tamoxifen (2 years)/aromisin (3 years), bilateral SGAP summer 05 at NOLA

Oops, retested tumor and I guess I'm er/pr- after all.
Stopped all hormonal tx 10/07. Periods resumed 6/08. Bye bye hot flashes!!!!

http://www.edrie.com/kopecky
*~VISIT OUR FAMILY!~*
Rozebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 07:50 PM   #6
al from Canada

Grapefruit interferes with the cytochrome P450 group min enzymes used in 90% of all drug, hormone, steriod, and fatty acid metabolisms. Grapefruit is a P450 ANTAGONIST which means it reduces certain P450 enzymes. One of these just happens to be TAXOL. Which means: if you eat grapefruit (or drink its juice), you inhibit emzyme responsible for the breakdown of taxol which means increased drug load,

"Another factor in drug dosage is interfering substances from food. Grapefruit juice contains a CYP3A4 inhibitor that causes about a 12 fold increase in some drug concentrations. And the effect lasts for several days. It is advisable to discourage your patients from drinking grapefruit juice while on medication metabolized by CYP3A4."

Here is a further list of grapfruit affected CYP3A4 Substrates:

• Acetominophen (Tylenol)
  • Codeine (narcotic)
  • Cyclosporin A (an immunosuppresant),
  • Diazepam (Valium)
  • Erythromycin (antibiotic)
  • Lidocaine (anaesthetic),
  • Lovastatin (HMGCoA reductase inhibitor, a cholesterol lowering drug),
  • Taxol (cancer drug),
  • Warfarin (anticoagulant).
Sooooo, my question is...how many of your oncs told you not to drink Grapefruit juice when taking taxol?? It could cause a 12 fold rise in potency and duration!

The long list and article is here: http://drnelson.utmem.edu/P450lect.html

Note the section on "inducers", where an increase in P450 enzymes can cause pro-carcinogens be metabolized into carcinogens.

Like wise xeloda is a P450 2C9 inhibitor which may cause you to bleed to death if you take warfarin:
Anticoagulants:
Patients receiving concomitant capecitabine and oral coumarin-derivative anticoagulant

therapy should have their anticoagulant response (INR or prothrombin time) monitored closely with

great frequency and the anticoagulant dose should be adjusted accordingly (see Boxed WARNING

and CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY). Altered coagulation parameters and/or bleeding have been

reported in patients taking XELODA concomitantly with coumarin-derivative anticoagulants such as

warfarin and phenprocoumon. These events occurred within several days and up to several months after

initiating XELODA therapy and, in a few cases, within one month after stopping XELODA. These

events occurred in patients with and without liver metastases. In a drug interaction study with single dose

warfarin administration, there was a significant increase in the mean AUC of S-warfarin. The maximum

observed INR value increased by 91%. This interaction is probably due to an inhibition of cytochrome

P450 2C9 by capecitabine and/or its metabolites (see CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY).

http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/SAFETY/2001/xeloda_changes.PDF

Know what you are taking and why you are taking it.

Regards,
Al

(sorry about the fonts, it's a copy and paste problem)

Last edited by al from Canada; 12-05-2005 at 08:09 PM..
al from Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 09:02 PM   #7
Becky

My onco told me nothing (I am not a grapefruit fan but my husband is - so when I first got diagnosed and started a "beat your cancer with nutrition" diet, I would have a glass of grapefruit juice every now and then figuring everything has a little something different in it that could be beneficial). However, being a biochemist, I know the grapefruit/drug problem and didn't drink any once I started treatment (or now because of supplements and Arimidex). I don't bug my husband because he is not on any medications.

Taxol - I wonder what would happen since it is so toxic to begin with?

Thanks for letting me know that (about Taxol) so I can warn others.

Best regards

Becky
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 03:49 AM   #8
RhondaH

My search leading me to this...

which was prompted by the increase in my liver enzymes (which incidentally are back to normal) and what may have caused this. I take 60 mg daily of phenobarbital (which I found to be an INDUCER) and then other articles regarding grapefruit (which being the diet freak that I am consisted of 1/2 grapefruit each day...no longer doing that while on Herceptin) and its absorption. I only did it the 1st week of chemo as the dose dense TEC (Taxotere, Epirubicin and Cytoxan) gave me BAD diahrea (sp) and the Breast Cancer diet I do only magnified it, but NOW I'm back on it full force.

Rhonda Hoffman
Old 12-06-2005, 10:42 AM   #9
al from Canada

what about the drugs?

an easy way to do this is list the drugs you are taking, go to the article http://drnelson.utmem.edu/P450lect.html find out the P450 metabolic pathway and stay away from both antagonists and inducers of that pathway as the first will increase serum levels of the drug and the second will decrease serum levels, ie the difference between grapfruit juice and phenobarbitol.
Al
Old 06-16-2012, 09:32 PM   #10
evebarry

Re: Herceptin and grapefruit

I read that grapefruit juice is a good liver cleanser. Herceptin is not like the other drugs mentioned here so I'm not sure if it's to avoided. I am a little confused. Does grapefruit juice cause the drugs you take to be more potent or less effective?
And, is grapefruit juice from a grocery store the same as eating a fresh grapefruit?
Oct 4th, 2011 biopsy of right breast, 2 Cem removed most of the tumor....idc, with 10% dcis. Grade 3, her2+++ ... schedule for mastectomy in Dec.
Dec. 27th, 2011, Mx of right breast, grade 3, all idc, her2+++ ... 1.8 C = stage 1a.
No previous rads, No chemo, No anti estrogen..although triple +
In the middle of reconstruction of right breast. March 27th surgery to remove TE's for implant ;)
Begin herceptin treatment 2/6/12
Signature picture taken late October 2011.
evebarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 05:37 AM   #11
Becky

Grapefruit causes drugs to not be broken down as quickly therefore, you have a higher dose in your body for a longer period of time. Drugs are formulated to have an effective dose so manufacturers figure what that is so the dose would be too high.

Herceptin is different but could be affected.

Becky

Found lump via BSE
Diagnosed 8/04 at age 45
1.9cm tumor, ER+PR-, Her2 3+(rt side)
2 micromets to sentinel node
Stage 2A
left 3mm DCIS - low grade ER+PR+Her2 neg
lumpectomies 9/7/04
4DD AC followed by 4 DD taxol
Used Leukine instead of Neulasta
35 rads on right side only
4/05 started Tamoxifen
Started Herceptin 4 months after last Taxol due to
trial results and 2005 ASCO meeting & recommendations
Oophorectomy 8/05
Started Arimidex 9/05
Finished Herceptin (16 months) 9/06
Arimidex Only
Prolia every 6 months for osteopenia

NED 18 years!

Said Christopher Robin to Pooh: "You must remember this: You're braver than you believe and stronger than you seem and smarter than you think"
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:28 AM   #12
hutchibk

I don't eat or drink anything grapefruit. My oncs, docs, nurses, etc and even clin trial coordinator asked me not to starting about 8 years ago. I would probably end up on many different kinds of drugs (on and off over the years) and grapefruit may or may not affect some of them, so it was smarter to have me stop grapefruit all together. I liked it, but I look at it like 'those days are over'.

And also, I don't use Splenda either. It's sugar or stevia only. My reasoning on Splenda stems from this... "a new report from scientists at Duke University... "This report makes it clear that the artificial sweetener Splenda and its key component sucralose pose a threat to the people who consume the product. Consumers have complained about side effects from using Splenda in this study, published in the Journal of Toxicology and Environmental Health Part A.

Among the results in the study by Drs. Mohamed B. Abou-Donia, Eman M. El-Masry, Ali A. Abdel-Rahman, Roger E. McLendon and Susan S. Schiffman is evidence that, in the animals studied, Splenda reduces the amount of good bacteria in the intestines by 50%, increases the pH level in the intestines, contributes to increases in body weight and affects the P-glycoprotein (P-gp) in the body in such a way that crucial health-related drugs could be rejected. It has been noted that the P-gp effect "could result in crucial medications used in chemotherapy for cancer patients, AIDS treatment and drugs for heart conditions being shunted back into the intestines rather than being absorbed by the body as intended."

NOV 2012 - 9 yr anniversary
JULY 2012 - 7 yr anniversary stage IV (of 50...)

Nov'03~ dX stage 2B
Dec'03~
Rt side mastectomy, Her2+, ER/PR+, 10 nodes out, one node positive
Jan'04~
Taxotere/Adria/Cytoxan x 6, NED, no Rads, Tamox. 1 year, Arimadex 3 mo., NED 14 mo.
Sept'05~
micro mets lungs/chest nodes/underarm node, Switched to Aromasin, T/C/H x 7, NED 6 months - Herceptin only
Aug'06~
micro mets chest nodes, & bone spot @ C3 neck, Added Taxol to Herceptin
Feb'07~ Genetic testing, BRCA 1&2 neg

Apr'07~
MRI - two 9mm brain mets & 5 punctates, new left chest met, & small increase of bone spot C3 neck, Stopped Aromasin
May'07~
Started Tykerb/Xeloda, no WBR for now
June'07~
MRI - stable brain mets, no new mets, 9mm spots less enhanced, CA15.3 down 45.5 to 9.3 in 10 wks, Ty/Xel working magic!
Aug'07~
MRI - brain mets shrunk half, NO NEW BRAIN METS!!, TMs stable @ 9.2
Oct'07~
PET/CT & MRI show NED
Apr'08~
scans still show NED in the head, small bone spot on right iliac crest (rear pelvic bone)
Sept'08~
MRI shows activity in brain mets, completed 5 fractions/5 consecutive days of IMRT to zap the pesky buggers
Oct'08~
dropped Xeloda, switched to tri-weekly Herceptin in combo with Tykerb, extend to tri-monthly Zometa infusion
Dec'08~
Brain MRI- 4 spots reduced to punctate size, large spot shrunk by 3mm, CT of torso clear/pelvis spot stable
June'09~
new 3-4mm left cerrebellar spot zapped with IMRT targeted rads
Sept'09~
new 6mm & 1 cm spots in pituitary/optic chiasm area. Rx= 25 days of 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the tumors.
Oct'09~
25 days of low dose 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the bone mets spot on rt. iliac crest that have been watching for 2 years. Added daily Aromasin back into treatment regimen.
Apr'10~ Brain MRI clear! But, see new small spot on adrenal gland. Change from Aromasin back to Tamoxifen.
June'10~ Tumor markers (CA15.3) dropped from 37 to 23 after one month on Tamoxifen. Continue to monitor adrenal gland spot. Remain on Tykerb/Herceptin/Tamoxifen.
Nov'10~ Radiate positive mediastinal node that was pressing on recurrent laryngeal nerve, causing paralyzed larynx and a funny voice.
Jan'11~ MRI shows possible activity or perhaps just scar tissue/necrotic increase on 3 previously treated brain spots and a pituitary spot. 5 days of IMRT on 4 spots.
Feb'11~ Enrolled in T-DM1 EAP in Denver, first treatment March 25, 2011.
Mar'11~ Finally started T-DM1 EAP in Denver at Rocky Mountain Cancer Center/Rose on Mar. 25... hallelujah.

"I would rather be anecdotally alive than statistically dead."
hutchibk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:39 AM   #13
evebarry

I agree about splenda. I stay away from all artificial sugars. I love raw honey and maple surup.
I've read yesterday several studies that grapefruit juice prevents cancer recurrence. I'm not taking tamoxifen or did I do chemo...only Herceptin so from what I read there aren't studies done on it to say grapefruit juice will interfer with Herceptin treatments. If so, let me know the studies that show it interfers with Herceptin. thanks
Oct 4th, 2011 biopsy of right breast, 2 Cem removed most of the tumor....idc, with 10% dcis. Grade 3, her2+++ ... schedule for mastectomy in Dec.
Dec. 27th, 2011, Mx of right breast, grade 3, all idc, her2+++ ... 1.8 C = stage 1a.
No previous rads, No chemo, No anti estrogen..although triple +
In the middle of reconstruction of right breast. March 27th surgery to remove TE's for implant ;)
Begin herceptin treatment 2/6/12
Signature picture taken late October 2011.
evebarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:29 PM   #14
hutchibk

That's great Evebarry! Just be sure you aren't taking other meds besides cancer meds... grapefruit is thought to interfere with lots of things. Just talk to your onc... be sure they know.

NOV 2012 - 9 yr anniversary
JULY 2012 - 7 yr anniversary stage IV (of 50...)

Nov'03~ dX stage 2B
Dec'03~
Rt side mastectomy, Her2+, ER/PR+, 10 nodes out, one node positive
Jan'04~
Taxotere/Adria/Cytoxan x 6, NED, no Rads, Tamox. 1 year, Arimadex 3 mo., NED 14 mo.
Sept'05~
micro mets lungs/chest nodes/underarm node, Switched to Aromasin, T/C/H x 7, NED 6 months - Herceptin only
Aug'06~
micro mets chest nodes, & bone spot @ C3 neck, Added Taxol to Herceptin
Feb'07~ Genetic testing, BRCA 1&2 neg

Apr'07~
MRI - two 9mm brain mets & 5 punctates, new left chest met, & small increase of bone spot C3 neck, Stopped Aromasin
May'07~
Started Tykerb/Xeloda, no WBR for now
June'07~
MRI - stable brain mets, no new mets, 9mm spots less enhanced, CA15.3 down 45.5 to 9.3 in 10 wks, Ty/Xel working magic!
Aug'07~
MRI - brain mets shrunk half, NO NEW BRAIN METS!!, TMs stable @ 9.2
Oct'07~
PET/CT & MRI show NED
Apr'08~
scans still show NED in the head, small bone spot on right iliac crest (rear pelvic bone)
Sept'08~
MRI shows activity in brain mets, completed 5 fractions/5 consecutive days of IMRT to zap the pesky buggers
Oct'08~
dropped Xeloda, switched to tri-weekly Herceptin in combo with Tykerb, extend to tri-monthly Zometa infusion
Dec'08~
Brain MRI- 4 spots reduced to punctate size, large spot shrunk by 3mm, CT of torso clear/pelvis spot stable
June'09~
new 3-4mm left cerrebellar spot zapped with IMRT targeted rads
Sept'09~
new 6mm & 1 cm spots in pituitary/optic chiasm area. Rx= 25 days of 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the tumors.
Oct'09~
25 days of low dose 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the bone mets spot on rt. iliac crest that have been watching for 2 years. Added daily Aromasin back into treatment regimen.
Apr'10~ Brain MRI clear! But, see new small spot on adrenal gland. Change from Aromasin back to Tamoxifen.
June'10~ Tumor markers (CA15.3) dropped from 37 to 23 after one month on Tamoxifen. Continue to monitor adrenal gland spot. Remain on Tykerb/Herceptin/Tamoxifen.
Nov'10~ Radiate positive mediastinal node that was pressing on recurrent laryngeal nerve, causing paralyzed larynx and a funny voice.
Jan'11~ MRI shows possible activity or perhaps just scar tissue/necrotic increase on 3 previously treated brain spots and a pituitary spot. 5 days of IMRT on 4 spots.
Feb'11~ Enrolled in T-DM1 EAP in Denver, first treatment March 25, 2011.
Mar'11~ Finally started T-DM1 EAP in Denver at Rocky Mountain Cancer Center/Rose on Mar. 25... hallelujah.

"I would rather be anecdotally alive than statistically dead."
hutchibk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:17 PM   #15
Mtngrl

I was told to avoid grapefruit while I was on Taxol, and again now that I'm on Tykerb/Lapatinib. I think I'll just avoid it from now on.
4/29/11 CT scan shows suspicious lesions on liver and lungs
5/17/11 liver biopsy
5/24/11 liver met confirmed--Stage IV at diagnosis
5/27/11 Begin weekly Taxol & Herceptin for 3 months (standard of care at the time of my DX)
7/18/11 Switch to weekly Abraxane & Herceptin due to Taxol allergy
8/29/11 CT scan shows no new lesions & old lesions shrinking
9/27/11 Finish Abraxane. Start Herceptin every 3 weeks. Begin taking Arimidex
10/17/11--Brain MRI--No Brain mets
12/5/11 PET scan--Almost NED
5/15/12 PET scan shows progression-breast/chest/spine (one vertebra)
5/22/12 Stop taking Arimidex; stay on Herceptin
6/11/12 Started Tykerb and Herceptin on clinical trial (w/no chemo)
9/24/12 CT scan--No new mets. Everything stable.
3/11/13 CT Scan--two small new possible mets and odd looking area in left lung getting larger.
4/2/13--Biopsy of suspicious area in lower left lung. Mets to lung confirmed.
4/30/13 Begin Kadcyla/TDM-1
8/16/13 PET scan "mixed," with some areas of increased uptake, but also some definite improvement, so I'll stay on TDM-1/Kadcyla.
11/11/13 Finally get hormone receptor results from lung biopsy of 4/2/13. My cancer is no longer ER positive.
11/13/13 PET scan mixed results again. We're calling it "stable." Problems breathing on exertion.
2/18/14 PET scan shows a new lesion and newly active lymph node in chest, other progression. Bye bye TDM-1.
2/28/14 Begin Herceptin/Perjeta every 3 weeks.
6/8/14 PET "mixed," with no new lesions, and everything but lower lungs improving. My breathing is better.
8/18/14 PET "mixed" again. Upper lungs & one spine met stable, lower lungs less FDG avid, original tumor more avid, one lymph node in mediastinum more avid.
9/1/14 Begin taking Xeloda one week on, one week off. Will also stay on Herceptin and Perjeta every three weeks.
12/11/14 PET Scan--no new lesions, and everything looks better than it did.
3/20/15 PET Scan--no new lesions, but lower lung lesions larger and a bit more avid.
4/13/15 Increasing Xeloda dose to 10 days on, one week off.
7/1/15 Scan "mixed" again, but suggests continuing progression. Stop Xeloda. Substitute Abraxane every 3 weeks starting 7/13.
10/28/15 PET scan shows dramatic improvement everywhere. All lesions except lower lungs have resolved; lower lungs noticeably improved.
12/18/15 Last Abraxane. Continue on Herceptin and Perjeta alone beginning 1/8/16.
1/27/16 PET scan shows cancer is stable.
5/11/16 PET scan shows uptake in some areas that were resolved on the last two scans.
6/3/16 Begin Kadcyla and Tykerb combination
6/5 - 6/23 Horrible diarrhea from K&T together. Got pneumonia.
7/15/16 Begin Kadcyla only every 3 weeks.
9/6/16 Begin radiation therapy on right lung lesion that caused the pneumonia.
10/3/16 Last of 12 radiation treatments to right lung.
11/4/16 Huffing and puffing, low O2, high heart rate, on tiniest bit of exertion. Diagnosed as radiation pneumonitis. Treated with Prednisone.
11/11/16 PET scan shows significant improvement to radiated part of right lung BUT a bunch of new lung lesions, and the bone met is getting worse.
11/22/16 Begin Eribulin and Herceptin. H every 3 weeks. E two weeks on, one week off.
3/6/17 Scan shows progression in lungs. Bone met a little better.
3/23/17 Lung biopsy. Tumor sampled is ER-, PR+ (5%), HER2+++. Getting Herceptin and Perjeta as a maintenance treatment.
5/31/17 Port placement
6/1/17 Start Navelbine & Tykerb
Mtngrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 06:34 PM   #16
Jackie07

Maybe somebody can find the English translation of the article below. Perhaps we might be able to enjoy the food we like by eating/drinking it many hours apart from the time we take the drug in question?

Praxis (Bern 1994). 2012 Jun 20;101(13):849-55.
[Clinically important food-drug interactions: what the practitioner needs to know].

[Article in German]
Corti N, Taegtmeyer AB.
Source

Klinik für Klinische Pharmakologie, Universitätsspital Zürich.

Abstract

Most medicines are taken with breakfast which is usually unproblematic and has the advantage of improving adherence through establishment of a daily routine. However, due to alterations in absorption from the gastrointestinal tract, there are a number of medicines that either lose (such as bisphosphonates) or gain (such as albendazole) efficacy if taken together with food.

Food components can also affect drug-metabolising enzymes and even cause drug toxicity (alcohol and grapefruit juice are notable examples). Conversely, drugs such as monoamine oxidase inhibitors can inhibit the metabolism of tyramine in tyramine-rich foods and lead to adverse circulatory reactions.

These and other examples of when the ingestion of medication together with food can cause clinically relevant problems are discussed in this article.

NICU 4.4 LB
Erythema Nodosum 85
Life-long Central Neurocytoma 4x5x6.5 cm 23 hrs 62090 semi-coma 10 d PT OT ST 30 d
3 Infertility tmts 99 > 3 u. fibroids > Pills
CN 3 GKRS 52301
IDC 1.2 cm Her2 +++ ER 5% R. Lmptmy SLNB+1 71703 6 FEC 33 R Tamoxifen
Recc IIB 2.5 cm Bi-L Mast 61407 2/9 nds PET
6 TCH Cellulitis - Lymphedema - compression sleeve & glove
H w x 4 MUGA 51 D, J 49 M
Diastasis recti
Tamoxifen B. scan
Irrtbl bowel 1'09
Colonoscopy 313
BRCA1 V1247I
hptc hemangioma
Vertigo
GI - > yogurt
hysterectomy/oophorectomy 011410
Exemestane 25 mg tab 102912 ~ 101016 stopped due to r. hip/l.thigh pain after long walk
DEXA 1/13
1-2016 lesions in liver largest 9mm & 1.3 cm onco. says not cancer.
3-11 Appendectomy - visually O.K., a lot of puss. Final path result - not cancer.
Start Vitamin D3 and Calcium supplement (600mg x2)
10-10 Stopped Exemestane due to r. hip/l.thigh pain OKed by Onco 11-08-2016
7-23-2018 9 mm groundglass nodule within the right lower lobe with indolent behavior. Due to possible adenocarcinoma, Recommend annual surveilence.
7-10-2019 CT to check lung nodule.
1-10-2020 8mm stable nodule on R Lung, two 6mm new ones on L Lung, a possible lymph node involvement in inter fissule.
"I WANT TO BE AN OUTRAGEOUS OLD WOMAN WHO NEVER GETS CALLED AN OLD LADY. I WANT TO GET SHARP EDGED & EARTH COLORED, TILL I FADE AWAY FROM PURE JOY." Irene from Tampa

Advocacy is a passion .. not a pastime - Joe
Jackie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 07:24 AM   #17
Ceesun

I have been on tykerb now with herceptin since 2008--my onc says no grapefruit especially with the tykerb. Ceesun
Ceesun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:11 AM   #18
Jackie07

More drugs added to the 'no grapefruit' list:

http://www.webmd.com/news/20121127/g...medicationrisk

Ask your doctor about your medication:

http://www.voanews.com/content/repor...t/1555996.html

NICU 4.4 LB
Erythema Nodosum 85
Life-long Central Neurocytoma 4x5x6.5 cm 23 hrs 62090 semi-coma 10 d PT OT ST 30 d
3 Infertility tmts 99 > 3 u. fibroids > Pills
CN 3 GKRS 52301
IDC 1.2 cm Her2 +++ ER 5% R. Lmptmy SLNB+1 71703 6 FEC 33 R Tamoxifen
Recc IIB 2.5 cm Bi-L Mast 61407 2/9 nds PET
6 TCH Cellulitis - Lymphedema - compression sleeve & glove
H w x 4 MUGA 51 D, J 49 M
Diastasis recti
Tamoxifen B. scan
Irrtbl bowel 1'09
Colonoscopy 313
BRCA1 V1247I
hptc hemangioma
Vertigo
GI - > yogurt
hysterectomy/oophorectomy 011410
Exemestane 25 mg tab 102912 ~ 101016 stopped due to r. hip/l.thigh pain after long walk
DEXA 1/13
1-2016 lesions in liver largest 9mm & 1.3 cm onco. says not cancer.
3-11 Appendectomy - visually O.K., a lot of puss. Final path result - not cancer.
Start Vitamin D3 and Calcium supplement (600mg x2)
10-10 Stopped Exemestane due to r. hip/l.thigh pain OKed by Onco 11-08-2016
7-23-2018 9 mm groundglass nodule within the right lower lobe with indolent behavior. Due to possible adenocarcinoma, Recommend annual surveilence.
7-10-2019 CT to check lung nodule.
1-10-2020 8mm stable nodule on R Lung, two 6mm new ones on L Lung, a possible lymph node involvement in inter fissule.
"I WANT TO BE AN OUTRAGEOUS OLD WOMAN WHO NEVER GETS CALLED AN OLD LADY. I WANT TO GET SHARP EDGED & EARTH COLORED, TILL I FADE AWAY FROM PURE JOY." Irene from Tampa

Advocacy is a passion .. not a pastime - Joe

Last edited by Jackie07; 12-02-2012 at 03:19 AM..
Jackie07 is offline   Reply With Quote