HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-08-2009, 04:16 PM   #1
ammebarb

My dear sis has had a rough time lately...

She didn't bounce back from AC treatment number two, as we had hoped. She felt weak and tired and had a cough for all of the three weeks since her last treatment. Since she's asthmatic, she didn't worry about the cough initially and she thought the "punky" way she felt was from the chemo. She finally noted a swelling in her neck and felt so rotten that she called her family Dr. (incidentally, she was his office nurse for about 23 years). She was seen last week and was told she had an upper respiratory infection (some fever too) and was given an antibiotic. She and her husband came for the weekend and we seemed to think the swelling was going down, she didn't seem so painful and she'd begun to eat a bit better. She saw her oncologist today, in anticipation of her next treatment being this Friday. Well, he didn't like the swelling in her neck and sent her for testing....it's a clot from her port. So, she is doing the injections for that and had her coumadin increased. Treatment was posponed for a week. I'm trying not to be scared about the whole clot thing.....I know they can be dangerous, but am hoping that now that she knows what it is and is treating it...she will be ok. She really didn't think she could do a treatment this week, so I'm glad she has a bit of a reprieve. We both just want to get them done, however.

Has anyone else had any problems with the port causing a blood clot? Do they resolve in short order?

Thanks so much for listening to me. I so appreciate knowing that you all have walked this path and understand.

I pray for you all daily.

Barb A.
ammebarb is offline   Reply With Quote