HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-18-2004, 10:42 AM   #1
beatrice

I am going to have cyberknife on liver mets, on the three bigger ones I have. The doc. says this will help Xeloda (which I have started taking after unsuccesfull treatment with cisplatin) in doing its work, reducing the smaller ones, while the biggers ones willbe killed by the cybrk. HAs anyone had this type of treatment? PLease let me know your experience. Thank you so much. Beatrice
Old 12-18-2004, 10:51 AM   #2
imported_Joe

Beatrice,

Accuray, the manufacturer of Cyberknife, maintains a support website similar to ours.

You may wish to visit this site.

Warmest Regards
Joe

Cyberknife Society
Old 12-18-2004, 12:55 PM   #3
beatrice

Thank you Joe. I have already gone on the cksociety website, and will ask them the same. In the meantime if you happen to see something on this subject please let me know. They say it's only 1 year they do this kind of treatment, but so far I haven't spoken to anyone yet who has had it, at least here in Italy where i live. By the way thank you so much for the help you give through your website. It's helped and is helping me so much, especially here where this type of support is missing. Beatrice
Old 12-18-2004, 02:27 PM   #4
Cyndy

I just had cyberknife on my sternal mets over Thanksgiving. So it's too early to tell if it worked or not but it sure was a lot easier than regular radiation, which I had 2 years ago. CK was 1-2 hours at a time for 3 days and by day 5 I was feeling like I had before I had the treatment...no side effects at all really, just tired for about 5 days...but some of that was the Valium they made me take. Best of luck to you!
Old 12-19-2004, 07:14 AM   #5
pattyz

Beatrice!!

You are a pioneer, a ground breaker!! This is just wonderful news to hear and I am so very happy for you, dear.

Many, if not most, of our CyberKnife Centers here in the USA are pretty new, so the training for using CK as treatment to areas other than brain is lacking.

The centers on our west and east coasts are the oldest and have branched out to treat lung and liver lesions, if I recall from my research. Japan has had CK for a longer period, so perhaps they are also treating more areas than brain.

Anywho....I know there was not a lot of activity the last time I checked the Accuray site, but now I am hoping there will be someone there to answer your questions. And maybe you could ask for a referral from Accuray or the site administrators to another person who has had CK to liver.

Congratulations, Beatrice!

xoxoxhugs,
pattyz (I'm good. Still NED and just passed my five yr mark from first dx.)
Old 12-20-2004, 12:19 PM   #6
Brian

My Wife had Radio Frequency Ablation to her liver mets a year and one-half ago. This is obviously not the same treatment, but if the cyberknife does not work you might look into this treatment.

Good Luck!

Brian
Old 12-21-2004, 07:03 AM   #7

thanks Brian. So, on a long term perspective, can you say radiofrquency ablation has worked? Plese let me know! Thanks!!! Beatrice
Old 01-03-2005, 11:32 AM   #8
*_julie_*

brian, can you tell me what the criteria was for her treatment?