HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-24-2006, 08:15 AM   #1
Joe
Webmaster

A Message From Mel (Lisa)

Special Lady – Special Friends

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Hello Angels

<o:p></o:p>

I am taking this opportunity to touch base with you all to share the plans that Lisa’s family, friends and I have come up with for a CELEBRATION OF LOVE AND LIGHT.

If Joe’s server can handle it, (lol), I will be uploading an ad I am placing in the local papers. I know that most, if not all, of you cannot make it to <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:State><st1:place>Colorado</st1:place></st1:State> to share in this celebration – but if you have any stories of love and insight about the wonderful creation of Lisa Lowe, please e-mail me (caffeinecowboy@qwest.net) and allow me to share them at her celebration. For all of you special-special friends I have to say more than this simple ad can contain!

One of Lisa’s wishes was that I stop “lurking” on this website and using her as a communication mechanism. Soon, I will be much more actively involved in each of your battles. Right now I hurt more than words can say and must start to heal myself. But soon, expect more posts from MGordon – all shared with the same Love and Light that Lisa blessed and prayed for each of you daily! If I can be a tenth of the help she was I will be honored and humbled!

For now, know this deep in your hearts and souls. You did not lose a sister – you gained a more powerful spiritually ally than you can ever imagine – because Lisa did not lose her fight – she has taken to the next level. Right now, Lisa is dancing with her daddy – for years they have tried to dance with his walker and now they dance and spin and pirouette free from any physical limitation. Next, Lisa must stand in line somewhere, because we all KNOW there are lines everywhere!

But then – WATCH OUT – when she is free from those spiritual requirements – she will be loosed – and she will be back as an agent of LOVE AND LIGHT AND HEALING. Sometime, somewhere, when you need it the most and have no idea how much you need it, or where you can find the strength and energy to continue – BAM – you will be filled with love and energy and light and compassion and strength and then you will KNOW that Lisa still watches out for you and loves you beyond any limits our physical bodies can understand or contain. She will fill you with her essence and baffle your oncologists! And when she does – share it on the website – say a prayer of thanks – and light a candle of gratitude!

God Bless ALL of you!

Love and Light

Mel

Lisa's Memorial Service : http://www.her2support.org/Lisa.htm

Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 10:56 AM   #2
Sandy H

Mel that is so sweet of you to share your thoughts with us. I know it is a busy time for you struggling with Christmas and the grief you are going through but found the time and energy to post. God Bless you and I am happy to hear you will be staying with us in the future. We need all the inspiration we can get and you are great! Lisa was so fortunate to have you in her life. Sending you a big hug from Sandy in cold Maine with no snow!
5 rads-skin mets
Herceptin, taxol, carboplatin (taxol seem to be the magic drug)
Navelbine & xeloda (did not work)
topical miltex for skin mets
Tykerb/xeloda
thoracentesis x 2 left lung fluid shows cancer cells
Port removal (4 years) with power port replacement
Doxil
Updated 05-07 Scans show no bone or organ involvement we shall see!

I shall not pass this way again. Any good I can do or any kindness that I can show let me not defer or neglect it for I shall not pass this way again.
Sandy H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 11:32 AM   #3
TriciaK

Mel, Your post is a special Christmas gift for all of us! Your words are so touching and I believe they are true. I pray the new year will bring you continued peace and that Lisa will be close always to comfort and inspire you. None of us will ever forget her! Hugs, Tricia
TriciaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 03:01 PM   #4
sherri

Lisa is and will be with us forever. What you said is so touching. I wish you peace at this difficult time. I celebrate her life in Vancouver Canada with you.

Much Love,
sherri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 03:13 PM   #5
Sheila

Mel
This is truly a special gift to read your post...Lisa was one of the first I met on this board....and was always there to help....she truly is the angel of love and light, shining down on all of us....and will be in my heart forever.

Hugs & Blessings
Sheila
Diagnosed at age 49.99999 2/21/2002 via Mammography (Calcifications)
Core Biopsy 2/22/02
L. Mastectomy 2/25/2002
Stage 1, 0.7cm IDC, Node Neg from 19 nodes Her2+++ ER PR Neg
6/2003 Reconstruction W/ Tissue Expander, Silicone Implant
9/2003 Stage IV with Mets to Supraclavicular nodes
9/2003 Began Herceptin every 3 weeks
3/2006 Xeloda 2500mg/Herceptin for recurrence to neck nodes
3/2007 Added back the Xeloda with Herceptin for continued mets to nodes
5/2007 Taken Off Xeloda, no longer working
6/14/07 Taxol/Herceptin/Avastin
3/26 - 5/28/08 Taxol Holiday Whopeeeeeeeee
5/29 2008 Back on Taxol w Herceptin q 2 weeks
4/2009 Progression on Taxol & Paralyzed L Vocal Cord from Nodes Pressing on Nerve
5/2009 Begin Rx with Navelbine/Herceptin
11/09 Progression on Navelbine
Fought for and started Tykerb/Herceptin...nodes are melting!!!!!
2/2010 Back to Avastin/Herceptin
5/2010 Switched to Metronomic Chemo with Herceptin...Cytoxan and Methotrexate
Pericardial Window Surgery to Drain Pericardial Effusion
7/2010 Back to walking a mile a day...YEAH!!!!
9/2010 Nodes are back with a vengence in neck
Qualified for TDM-1 EAP
10/6/10 Begin my miracle drug, TDM-1
Mixed response, shrinking internal nodes, progression skin mets after 3 treatments
12/6/10 Started Halaven (Eribulen) /Herceptin excellent results in 2 treatments
2/2011 I CELEBRATE my 9 YEAR MARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/5/11 begin Gemzar /Herceptin for node progression
2/8/2012 Gemzar stopped, Continue Herceptin
2/20/2012 Begin Tomo Radiation to Neck Nodes
2/21/2012 I CELEBRATE 10 YEARS
5/12/2012 BeganTaxotere/ Herceptin is my next miracle for new node progression
6/28/12 Stopped Taxotere due to pregression, Started Perjeta/Herceptin
Sheila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 06:36 PM   #6
Karen W

Mel,

Lisa will always hold a special place in my heart.

Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Karen
Karen W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 09:14 PM   #7
Bev

Lisa was so brave in all she did. From the red beret to being the human pink ribbon. I wish I had 1/2 her guts. Your post gave me goosebumps. If anyone can influence our outcomes from the other side, it would be Lisa. Take care and heal. Bev
Bev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 08:59 AM   #8
IRENE FROM TAMPA

The Greatest Gift...

is what you just gave us in this message Mel.

In this time of such sorrow for you and your family I want to thank you.

Just knowing Lisa from this board, I could tell that she was a wonderful women.

Keep on dancing my friend....
TREAT: STEM CELL REPLACEMENT/HERCEPTIN.
2002 - RECUR TO LIVER
TREAT: NAVELBINE, THEN GEMZAR, THEN XELODA.
2004 - TUMORS STILL IN LIVER
TREAT: RFA TO LIVER
STABLE UNTIL
2004 - TUMOR PROGRESSION IN LIVER.
TREAT: RESECT HALF OF LIVER.
2005 - RECURR TO LYMPH NODE OUTSIDE OF LIVER.
TREAT: TAXOL/CARPO/HERCEPTIN. FAILED ON
THIS TRIO. STARTED ON ABRAXANE.
2006 - PROGRESS WITH 2ND TUMOR GROWTH.
TREAT: AUG. BEGAN ON TYKERB/XELODA
TRIAL. CONSIDERED STABLE TO DATE.
2007 - TAKEN OFF OF TYKERB/XELODA TRIAL DUE TO
PROGRESS STARTING TYKERB/AVASTIN.
NOV 2007 - SCANS SHOW PROGRESS TUMOR GROWTH
IN ABDOM. AND TWO NEW TUMORS IN NECK AREA.
BEGAN HERCEPTIN/AVASTIN/TAXOTERE
Feb 08 - Ixempra/Xeloda
June 08 - Her/DM1 trial

"I WANT TO BE AN OUTRAGEOUS OLD WOMAN WHO NEVER GETS CALLED AN OLD LADY. I WANT TO GET SHARP EDGED & EARTH COLORED, TILL I FADE AWAY FROM PURE JOY."
IRENE FROM TAMPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 03:46 PM   #9
lindaw

Mel
how wonderful of you to offer your support on the board at such a sad time.You and Lisa were belssed to have each other.

love
linda
lindaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 01:31 PM   #10
sarah

Lisa's "Love and Light" shines on.
love to you and your family and friends
sarah
sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 08:22 AM   #11
Diane H

Dear Mel.....

Feeling the love and light right now coming through you, bless you and your family. Lisa was a most special person, I miss her. Diane
Diane H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 02:14 PM   #12
Joy

Oh, Mel...

I still can't believe she is gone, in that physical sense. I think about the two of you everyday and I am sending you as much healing strength as I can. I am also keeping myself spiritually open in order to spend time with Lisa-can't wait.

dx stage I 2/2000*er/pr+; her- per IHC*lumpectomy*4 rounds A/C*30 rads*tamoxifen*dx stage 4 5/2002*huge mets to liver*tiny mets to lungs*stopped tamoxifen*5/02 taxotere/xeloda*her 2 checked with FiSH-her2+++herceptin *2/03 stopped chemo femara w/herceptin*zolodex*04 switched to aromasin w/herceptin*05 high estrogen tx*11/05taxol/carbo*7/06 stopped chemo; megace/herceptin*9/06navelbine/herceptin*5/07tykerb/xeloda great response*4/08 progression in liver; ooph/ faslodex /herceptin
6/08 began Herceptin DM-1
9/08 progression
Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 07:26 PM   #13
Lolly

Lisa will always be in our hearts, and always a guiding spirit on this site and in my life.

<3 Lolly
Sept.'99 - Dx.Stage IIIB, IDC ER/PR-, HER2+++ by IHC, confirmed '04 by FISH. Left MRM, AC x's 4, Taxol x's 4, 33 Rads, finishing Tx May 2000. Jan.'01 - local/regional recurrence, Stage IV. Herceptin/Navelbine weekly till NED August 2001, then maintenance Herceptin. Right Mast. April 2002. Local/Regional recurrence April '04, Herceptin plus/minus chemo until May '07. Gemzar added from Feb.'07-April '07; Tykerb/Abraxane until August '07, back on Herceptin plus Taxotere and Xeloda Sept. '07. Stopped T/X Nov. '07, stopped Herceptin Dec. '07, started Avastin/Taxol/Carboplatin Dec. '07. Progression in chest skin, stopped TAC March '03, started radiation.

Herceptin has served as the "Backbone" of my treatment strategy for over 6 years, giving me great quality of life. In 2005, I was privileged to participate in the University of Washington/Seattle HER2 Vaccine Trial.
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 11:02 PM   #14
lu ann

Lisa has left a print on our hearts that death will not erase. God Bless You Mel as you go through this sad time. Love, Lu Ann
lu ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 08:25 PM   #15
Donna

Just want to say..

Dear Mel,

Lisa's passing has affected me so much, I find she is so much in my thoughts. She was always there on the forum and I was just so shocked to experience her loss. Somehow it just seems like these things don't happen to people you know, and maybe it's because I knew her through cyberspace, I don't know, but I just was so upset by this. I would look at her picture on the posts and read them and felt she was a friend of mine.

You and your family are in my prayers. What was said in this post that I am replying to was so lovely.

I don't know what else to say, but I had to say what I could.

Donna
Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 11:46 AM   #16
anne2

I also think of Lisa often

Dear Mel,
It is wonderful of you to think so in the positive. I will remember Lisa always for her courage and the compassion she showed to all of us on this site. I hope her memory will live on forever.
Love,
Anne
anne2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 07:23 PM   #17
mamacze

Dear Mel,
I have tears welling up while I read your very touching and loving message...small wonder that Lisa was full of love and light; she clearly rested in it every day with you.
Your words and desire to support others are truly inspirational; especially when you must feel so overwhelmed with Lisa's passing and the day to day emptiness that must bring.
Please tell your family that it was impossible to feel despair with Lisa on the boards; she always had a cheerful word of encouragement and ideas when we felt there was no where else to turn.
God bless you and your family. If we are lucky, your light will continue to shine with us.
Love. Kim from CT
mamacze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 02:00 PM   #18
rinaina

Lisa's light will shine on forever as will her spirit and her giving heart. She will be so sorely missed.
AC 4 dense doses
34 radiation treatments including booster doses
receiving herceptin every 3 weeks since late August 2006 for 12 months
rinaina is offline   Reply With Quote