HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-31-2005, 07:43 PM   #1
catlin

My entire process went very slowly as I went in for my annual mammo as usual in February. Got mail notice a few weeks later to come back as the person who usually called was off and nobody did it. I went in for a sonogram and a biopsy was needed, I decided. The radiologist pointed out the area and said it did not look like cancer, was very small and I could wait six months and check again. The radiologist who did the biopsy did not think I had cancer. On April 1 I got the diagnosis of IDC. An MRI showed a bigger tumor that did not show on mammo deeper in the breast. On May 19 I had double mastectomy with free tram reconstruction. Nodes on both sides negative, all clean margins on deeper tumor Other breast lots of calcifacations and inflammation but no cancer. Very happy with results and recovery. ERPR- HER+++ Was stage 1 on biopsy stage 2 after surgery. One tumor around 1.0 deeper tumor 1.9. I have been through 2 rounds of chemo based on a clinical trial protocol: adriamycin and cytoxan every 3 weeks for 4 visits, paclitaxel and herceptin, the herceptin weekly and the pax. every 3 weeks for 4 visits, then herceptin weekly for 9 more months. My onc was not sure about the nine months and said that may change (more or less) depending upon the results of any other trial reults that come out while I am undergoing treatment. Worst problem so far is going into chemo anemic from my surgery. I am getting EPO with each infusion but onc did not think I would come up to normal while getting chemo. The only question I have at this point is any studies on coenzymeQ10 and its use during chemo. My onc is very conservative about even vitamins and I had to review everything I take with her. Anyone talked to their onc about it? THis site is very helpful. Am glad you are all here.
Old 07-31-2005, 10:16 PM   #2
*_Tami_*

After much insistance on my part, my onc finally ok'd me to take COQ10 during chemo - just not the day before, day of or day after. In addition I took a multivitamin. As soon as I was done with chemo and rads I started taking lots of suppliments along with the herceptin. I have 2 treatments to go and am feeling great!

DX'd 4/2004 - 1.4 cm, er-/pr-, sentinal node involvement. Did 4 ac, 4 taxotere with herceptin every week for the first 10 weeks and then herceptin every 3 weeks for a full year plus 35 rads.
My muga went from 65 to 55 ejection fraction after AC and with the herceptin has hovered between 52 and 55. Hope this helps.