HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-28-2006, 04:12 PM   #1
astrid

Just wanted to share - Pizza

I know that many of us have really changed the way we eat. I am 48 but my children are mostly grown. This fall me youngest will go to college about an hour and half away. Many nights it is just my husband and I for dinner and my husband does NOT like fruits and Veggies or Fish so I end up fixing two different dinners. I have a comprise dinner that works for us. Most grocery stores have pre made small pizza crusts. Sometimes you can find wheat crusts. I brush the crusts with olive oil and then for my pizza, I pour on the tomato sauce and add broccoli sprouts, red and yellow peppers, fresh spinach or kale, shitake mushrooms, olives, lots of fresh broccoli, fresh tomato and fresh parsely, oregano and basil. You can add any veggie you like. I bake that at 425 for 10 minutes on a pan than I take it out and add a little cheese (I know, but I love cheese) and then put it back in the oven for 7 minutes just on the rack. This cooks the veggies, but they are still crisp and I figure this is probably at least three serving of veggies (I load the veggies). Of course I make my husband a cheese and pepperoni pizza so at least we are both eating pizza.

Old 06-28-2006, 04:36 PM   #2
bobbiw

Yum, sounds much like the one I make except I use what is called Flat Out bread that can be purchased at Walmart. I count points (WW) and the pizza is only 9 points and is great!
Bobbi
bobbiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 05:34 PM   #3
RhondaH

Smile Thank you...

Sounds yummy and I will have to try it

Rhonda

Dx 2/1/05, Stage 1, 0 nodes, Grade 3, ER/PR-, HER2+ (3.16 Fish)
2/7/05, Partial Mastectomy
5/18/05 Finished 6 rounds of dose dense TEC (Taxotere, Epirubicin and Cytoxan)
8/1/05 Finished 33 rads
8/18/05 Started Herceptin, every 3 weeks for a year (last one 8/10/06)

2/1/13...8 year Cancerversary and I am "perfect" (at least where cancer is concerned;)

" And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln
RhondaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 05:59 PM   #4
chrisy

yummy!

That does sound delicious! AND good for you. Being from Chicago originally, I think that you have to have JUST a little bit of cheese or technically it's not a pizza!

Can't wait to try it - thanks for sharing that!
Chris
chrisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 06:59 AM   #5
Unregistered

When I was getting A/C, all I wanted was cheese and bread. I melted part-skim mozzarella on pita bread and added garlic and other veggies, depending on what I could stomach. I couldn't handle the tomato sauce. A friend of mine getting A/C only wanted cheese and bread too.