HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-31-2006, 08:36 PM   #1
Lyn
A Living Legend

Smile This where I am at

I saw my onc and had a usual predictable visit, "WELL WHAT DO YOU WANT TO DO" was the opener, since I still have active disease since commencement of oral chemo in early September I haven't improved significantly and ceasing the eostrogen blocker did exactly what it was meant to do and assuming the lumps under my arm are positive the BC cells have grown and need to be treated. So staying on oral until such time lumps get bigger and then looking at Gemzar with a very small dose of Taxol to meet the government criteria for 3 weekly infusions and 1 off, so I shall see my GP and arrange biopsies and if positive will forge on with Gemzar. I also asked him if I had a mutated version of inflammatory breast cancer and he shrugged his shoulders and grinned and said I was too hard, so whatever I want is doable, I also asked about Thalidimide and he said it was hard to obtain for BC in this country yet, then he told me he had been offered a Position in Dublin for 6 months triple the wage,I just said well you have just been awarded Citizen of the Year so it would not be appropriate to bale out at this point in time. So I am on a wait and see exercise. No mention of a mastectomy.

Love & Hugs Lyn
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 09:05 PM   #2
Lolly

Lyn, I'm also forging ahead, adding Xeloda (see post). I have a chemo buddie who's did very well on Gemzar/Herceptin. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you

<3 Lolly
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 01:10 AM   #3
Lyn
A Living Legend

Smile

Thanks Lolly, I am on 1000mg Xeloda 14 days on 14days off and it is making me feel sluggish. I find that I will be doing something then all of a sudden I have to lay down, usually end up sleeping for a couple of hours, this is happening every day and if I try and force myself to get up I just can't do it, so it must be knocking my bloods around. I don't think it is strong enough or I have built up an immunity to it like all the other chemos I have, only seem good until I give it up then something else comes up. I mentioned the Navelbine to Boris but he seemed more enthusiastic about the Gemzar/Taxol, and I am leaning towards that as well, I just don't like the feeling while on the Xeloda. If you decide to have any radiaiton while on the Xeloda make sure you don't have more than 500mg a day, I took 1000mg and paid for it in the pain sector and in the end it made no difference. I will be anxious to find out how your friend is doing, I have a suspicion I do have a mutated inflammatory BC this time, problem with the radiation I had is I can't tell if I have a rash or not but at times it is slightly itchy, I am on my own over hear, Boris says I am too hard, now isn't that reassuring so I have to rely on my friends here for guidance.

Love & Hugs Lyn
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote