HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-15-2005, 08:49 AM   #1
Lisa

I thought of her several times during the day. When I saw a dog, when I saw a beautiful cloud formation, when I remembered all the AngelCheeks she'd sent me.

Mary was the most generous spirit I've ever known. She must have sent me a dozen birthday cards one time, making sure I had cards from each of my pets! And I have a collection now of wonderful AngelCheeks figurines, thanks to her kindness.

Talk to Mary for a few minutes and you'd know she had 2 true loves: Mike, who she met in college and KNEW she'd marry someday, and her dogs. Mary's love of dogs led her to partner in a dog rescue business. When there were no homes to be found, Mary took them in. I believe at top count, she had 13 dogs. She said that 1 dog even jumped over her fence ...INTO her yard to be there. I don't doubt it. I used to wonder about scooping all that poop. Surely she hired someone to help. Not at all, Mary did it all herself.

I'm sure today she's still there with Mike and the "kids." I hope they continue to feel her love.

Love and light to you, Mary,

Lisa
Old 07-15-2005, 10:40 AM   #2
jojo

I wish I could say that I knew Mary personally, but I had just joined the her2 boards, when Mary was first talking about the importance of having brain MRI's. Right there, I'd known that she was THE important aspect of these boards -- she was a tremendous advocate. I have been having routine brain MRI's every 3 months ever since December 2003 (just after I had completed the first-round chemos).

Additionally, my onc actually is not a strong believer in routine scans, but I was fortunate enough that my radiology dept had issued "we recommend that Joanne is to have a brain MRI every 3 months" so my onc has been respectfully following their order since then. It was not even about 5 or 6 months before we had picked up my first brain met (I had NO symptoms).

I also have a CT scan of abdomen/pelvis every 3 months, too, which I strongly suspect is in regards of my cancerous supraclavicular nodes.

Thank YOU, Mary!!!! :-)
Old 07-15-2005, 01:06 PM   #3
*_Linda In Calif._*

There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about my friend Mary. She was such a special person and gave so much of her love and concern to others. Mary, I miss you! Take Care Wherever You Are, Linda
Old 07-15-2005, 11:16 PM   #4
lindaw

Dear lisa
Thankyou for reminding us of mary's birthday. I miss Mary - she was so supportive and caring of others worries even when she had so many herself. She was a wonderful women.
love
Linda
Old 07-16-2005, 08:08 PM   #5
Christine

Dear Lisa,

I share your memory of Mary, and her generous way. I'm always reminded of her daily as I pass my angels ,about 30, given to me by Mary and her husband at her Memorial.
It was hard to let her go, but I'm positive she is happy being free and at peace. Mary never wanted to suffer with a terrible disability, not being able to walk. Her love for recuing pets, has gone beyond them. Mary saved many of our survivors by being the first to demand a brainMRI w/o symptoms by faking a headache. She wrote her story on our message board and started to warn others of brain mets and no symptoms.

Doing well in Carlsbad...Hugs, Christine