HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-05-2005, 10:30 AM   #1
Sheila

Lisa
I saw a shirt one time that said Bald is Beautiful....with a woman on it, if I can find one, I am sending it to you...you are proving the point that our beauty comes from within...not the exterior hair, clothes etc. I thought when I read your topic that it was a reference to a reply I made to Irene below! I am going to Key West mid July with a friend of mine...both of us need a break from the reality of our lives....then she tells me that the place we are staying has a topless beach! Wouldn't I be a novelty there! You look great in hats, but I bet you would look super bald....they won't be staring at your head, they will notice your beautiful smile and courage!
Hugs
Sheila
Old 06-05-2005, 12:51 PM   #2
*_Cindy H._*

I'm considering the bald idea as well..at least part of the time...my hair is starting to blow out as we speak, I'm feeling like a puffer fish on these steroids but am doing great. A co-worker has brought me several pretty scarves to borrow, I had my wig thinned last week so now it doesn't look like Laura Bush! It is human hair, short and cute. I wore it all last summer. I have ordered 2 more scarves from Pais, France and a couple from TLC. Here in New Orleans it gets so hot as soon as I walk in the door at home I stay bald!!!!

I see the neurosergeon tomorrow and find out if I'm having a craniotomy along with my gamma knife. I'm assuming ,yes. I guess I'll have an interesting scar on the back of my head. Does the gamma knife halo leave marks? I'll have that too. I'll just walk around saying "AFLAC!!!!" quack

Hugs to all,
Cindy
Old 06-06-2005, 09:51 AM   #3
Merridith

Hi there:

I started going bald all the time (except in restaurants & symphonies & other more formal occassions).

In my Young & Breastless group, we call that going "Commando".

More young women are starting to shave as a fashion statement without having to. As soon as the top of my head had enough tan so that it looked like it was a choice, I started going out. I got a very few looks. I did make sure that I kept the fine hair and stubble shaved in keeping with the "deliberate" look. In fact, I got a few compliements.

I might have to do chemo again. I will certainly be going commando this summer!

Hope this encourages you. Why be any more uncomfortable than you have to be.

Regards,
Merridith
Old 06-06-2005, 11:16 AM   #4
Bonnie

When I was bald, I wore a wig at first and it never looked good anyway. Then I was in a roll-over accident, cut my head (only surface, thank goodness) and never wore a wig again. That was it for me. What surprised me was that there weren't that many people that seemed to notice. I guess everyone goes on their way and are concentrating on what they have to do. I also decided it was going to be my way to spread the news about breast cancer and when I was waiting in line at the store, I'd strike up a conversation with the woman beside me and work in the breast cancer, which it VERY EASY to do when you're bald. Yes, I would have rather had hair but I decided I hadn't done anything to cause my situation and I wasn't going to hide from it.

Bonnie