Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-24-2005, 08:24 PM   #1
al from canada

Attention Xeloda angels,

I would like to do a brief survey of the chemo-angels using Xeloda:

1. what is your dosage?

2. What is the length of your cycle?

3. How long have you been on it?

4. Besides the hand and foot thing, what are your side effects. ie, arthritis, neural pain, fatigue, etc.

Many thanks,

Al
Old 04-25-2005, 02:31 AM   #2
lYN

Hi Al, I had Xeloda a couple of years back, the maximum dose at the time so I couldn't walk for 2 weekls with bad blisters on my meet, the weird thing was that unlike getting blisters from rubbing these ones come from the inside out, so there is pain before you see anything. I had the dose reduced and then I was OK, it did the job at the time and got rid of my skin mets but then I got it back in another area. I have just finished having Xelod with radiation, 500g per day every day, BUT me being me didn't think the dose was high enough as I read another lady was having 1000 a day so I upped mine and got the worst burns as a consequence and it put me in hospital for pain management, my onc didn't explain that it would be the Xeloda that would make the burn worse, he just said it was toxic. As for any other aches and pains, I think it goes with the territory now, I am getting old.

Love & Hugs Lyn
Old 04-25-2005, 02:12 PM   #3
Velva

I took Xeloda 2/2004 to 10/2004, with a couple of breaks for hand &foot syndrome. Dose was 4000 mg/day for 2wks then off for 1 wk. Had to be reduced to 3000mg day in Sept. due to hand & foot syndrome. I had no other side effects except maybe a little fatigue. I was also receiving wkly Herceptin. This worked well on the skin mets, but I had an episode of cardiac tamponade 10/2004 due to cancer cells in the pericardial fluid that they drained. To my knowledge Xeloda didn't cause the cardiac tamponade, the cancer cells caused it, but do a search for Xeloda because one woman had an allergic rx to it (caused heart problems) and onc told her 1% of women were at risk. Hope this helps, V
Old 04-26-2005, 10:32 AM   #4
Cindy H.

Attention Xeloda angels,

I would like to do a brief survey of the chemo-angels using Xeloda:

1. what is your dosage?
3000mg/day now

2. What is the length of your cycle?
21 days on and 7 days off

3. How long have you been on it?
4 months

4. Besides the hand and foot thing, what are your side effects. ie, arthritis, neural pain, fatigue, etc.

dry skin on my hands and feet...have to use lots of moisturizer....slight headaches occasionally. I was on 4000mg/day but had to back off cause of the feet thing. Coiunts normal, lots of energy. I get scanned next week to see if it's working.
Old 04-27-2005, 03:32 PM   #5
kk1

Hi Al;

xeloda survey

1. dose: started out at 4,000mg/day but dropped back to 3,000/day after the second cylce when feet started to hurt. At the time my Onc. said that he finds that many people can not tolerate the 4,000/mg dose for very long---so he starts them at the highest dose and then drops back to the 3,000/mg dose at the firsst sign of hand/foot syndrome.

2. schedule: 2 weeks on 1 week off.

3. duration 6months.

4. mostly dry skin but during the last few days of the two week cycle my upper body would be sensitive to touch as if it was bruised. This bruised sensation would fade away during the week off.

It worked wonders on my liver mets they are completely gone-----really gone. I did not need to have liver surgery after all!!!!!

kk1