HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-27-2005, 11:23 PM   #1
Kristen

I WAS WONDERING HOW MANY PEOPLE WERE ON THIS COMBO FOR PRIMARY BC?

IF YOU ARE HAVE YOU HAD ANY RECURANCES?

IF YOU ARE A MET PATIENT, IS THIS COMBO WORKING FOR YOU?

IF YOU ARE A MET PATIENT, HAS THIS COMBO FAILED YOU?

I WONDER ABOUT THIS COMBO,SINCE DO HARD DATA HAS BEEN RELEASED.

IF YOU DR. GAVE YOU ANY INFO ON THIS COMBO, WILL YOU PLEASE SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE?

THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLIES. TAKE CARE K
Old 01-28-2005, 12:15 PM   #2
*_madubois63_*

Kristen - I have Inflammotory Breast Cancer - Stage IV. Originally it was in the breast and the nodes. That was 2000. I've had a relapse - mets to the lungs and liver. I have been on Herceptin, Carboplaten and Taxatiere for 3 1/2 months now. The liver lesion has shrunk to half the size!! Yeah. I have tolerated the treatments pretty well - a little nausea here and there, some bone pain. Nothing unmanagable. I still have hair, though it is getting thin. I also take Femara. If you have any specific questions, please e-mail me any time. Maryann
Old 01-28-2005, 01:30 PM   #3
Patty H

I have lung and bone mets. I took that combo last year. I had it on a weeky schedule. I had two weeks on and one off. By doing it that way my side affects were less and I didn't loose my hair. I did have flu like symtoms on the 2nd and 3rd days after treatment. It did knock my mets down for awhile, but I seem to get results the first round of chemo's and then I have to move on. But I felt well on it and may even try it again this year. Patty H
Patty H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 10:53 AM   #4
Margo

I was on this combination for 6.5 months with successful results. (Primary diagnosis: Stage IV, HER2+++ @ greater than 90%.)

The combination killed my liver mets (confirmed with a pre-surgical biopsy), which was followed up with RFA. It reduced my breast cancer and the lumpectomy was completed with clear margins.

Currently on weekly herceptin and beginning radiation next Monday.

Best Wishes,

Margo