HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-08-2004, 10:16 AM   #1
Joy

So many studies talk about alcohol and recurrence, but what if you are stage IV, the recurrence has now happened? I don't care all that much, but I haven't found a lot of info on this. Anyone know? By the way all of you guys are great!
Joy
Old 06-08-2004, 01:47 PM   #2
Steph N

We have a retail wine store in downtown "large city"! My hubby is FRENCH! Let me just try to have one dinner without wine on the table. We are very moderate drinkers - only a glass to 2 per dinner and not earlier in the day or even while cooking. No hard stuff - except a bit in fruit compote!
We often have to taste wines that are brought to us as samples - but do spit as much as possible.
I did not know (or remember?) about the Folic Acid with wine thing. My med onc just recommended I take it as an aid against other symptoms. I did and still do take it. He knows about the level of my wine intake and said that was "just fine."
This whole wine thing seems to have nothing to do with my cancer or my rapid mets to stage IV after Adria, Taxotere and Radiation. The info I had mainly pointed to ER/PR cancer as the affected biomarkers vis a vis wine consumption.
I think the benefits of a small amount of high quality wine with a good, balanced meal are the kicker. There are benefits for my heart and plenty of minerals in a good wine. The relaxation benefit quiets my mind when I am anxious about a scan or something. Helps me sleep. Takes the edge off after a busy day of running around in traffic and dealing with all sorts of bozos.
We all have to make our choices and I would (and did)rather give up sugar than wine!