HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-10-2004, 09:00 PM   #1
lindaw

Dear All
I have just finished round one of herceptin/xeloda.I wondered if anyone else has expereinced a rash on the hands - quite red blotches - a little like when I have skin things burnt off.Also some on my face.
Also my lis sting and my tears ( when I yawn ) and my nose ( if it drips - sorry) stings my skin.
Does this sound familiar to anyone?

love
lindaw
Old 08-10-2004, 09:16 PM   #2
Lolly

Linda, I haven't had rashes from Herceptin or combo use, but my eyes sting just as you describe, when I yawn and they tear up, or if I use a Natural Tears eye wash when they feel gritty; that really burns! My nose drips but that doesn't sting, my lips don't burn but I'm constantly having to use lip balm of some sort as they seem perpetually dry.
Love, Lolly
Old 08-12-2004, 05:39 PM   #3
Velva

Hi Lindaw,
I've been on Xeloda & Herceptin since Feb. 2004. My nose runs, but no stinging. I had foot problems, red soles & peeling of skin, lost 3 toe nails. My onc took me off Xeloda for a few weeks til things healed up. I'm taking vitamin B6 - 100mg/day hoping it will help with the hand/foot syndrome.
Yours sounds like possible allergic reaction. Check with your onc. Get better, Velva
Old 08-13-2004, 08:06 AM   #4
lindaw

Thanks Velva . I see my onc this week. I am on the week off and it is a little better -suppose it will all return next round.

love
lindaw
Old 08-13-2004, 08:08 AM   #5
lindaw

Dear lolly
thanks Lolly. As I say in my previous email I am on the wek off and the symptoms have subsided slightly, My lips feel like they have been severely sunburnt.It seems to be quite effective so i don't want to stop.

love
lindaw
Old 08-13-2004, 11:02 PM   #6
KK

Hi Lindaw;

I am on a combination of herceptin,xeloda, and taxotere and have the same rash problems...particularly on the back of my hands and knuckles and under my nose. The best thing I have found is to use a lanolin based cream ( I use a brand called UDDERBALM which also contains Aloe,by Bio-Sentry Labs) . At night I smoother my hands in it and then put on a pair of soft cotton gloves (you can buy them for $3 in the manicure section of most pharmacy stores). Wearing soft gloves occasionally during the day also helps to prevent irritating the rash as you put you hands in and out of your pockets,purse ect. I also found that running cold water on my hands helps if they get really itchy.

As for the lips I use lots of coccobutter based chapstick and fruit popsicles when it get too annoying .

kk