HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-08-2005, 03:04 PM   #1
John

Essaic tea

Has anyone ever used Essaic Tea? I have been reading about it as a supplement for my wife. I wonder if you can use it with chemo or after?

Thanks
Old 12-10-2005, 02:51 PM   #2
lu ann

I used it for about 2 weeks so I don't know what effect it had. You can go on line and get it at a much reduced cost through www.herbalhealer.com. I went on the web site and was able to join free of charge. They sent me a 100 page catalog which included descriptions of their product line along with testamonials. They supply the patented essiac along with a 4 herb tea generic version which is much cheaper. It didn't taste bad. It is just very time consuming to make, but a batch lasts for about a month in the refrigerater. Blessings, Lu Ann. I forgot to mention, I'm on chemo and my oncologist allowed me to use it.
lu ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 08:47 AM   #3
Ginagce

Tea

I drank essiac tea years ago when I was first diagnosed with bc. I had gone to a naturopath who gave me a list of things to do, including the tea. Apparently it has a long history of use for bc with anecdotal (?)success. As my years of ned added up I stopped.

I would recommend you thoroughly research it's herbal content. We know so much more about bc these days there may be something in there that would not match up with this specific breast cancer.

Best to you and your survivor.

Gina
Ginagce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 10:39 PM   #4
Lyn
A Living Legend

Smile

Hi there, I took it religously for years since 1998, my dear old dad would make it up in bulk for me but sadley he past away in 2003 so I kept it up for a little longer afterwards but have not had it now for about 2 years. My dad would proudly tell everyone he met up with that he had cured my cancer, even my Onc, and I would say thanks dad, but how come I am stiiiillllll having chemo. What did it do, I don't really know, I wasn't sick during my chemos, I had a good constitution as the Naturopath put it, and it obviously maintained my immune system, so no real answer and this is from one who can tell you first hand, like all of our supplements what works and what doesn't?

Love & Hugs Lyn
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote