HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-09-2005, 12:29 PM   #1
imported_Joe

Michele U makes the news.

The HER2 Support Group is extremely proud of Michele's accomplishments since she was dx'ed 2 years ago. Not only did she enroll in the Adjuvant Herceptin Clinical Trial, but also is currently enrolled in the Univ. of Washington's phase I vaccine trials.

In her spare time she is starting a local support group.

Henderson Newspaper Article

Congratulations and well wishes.
Joe
Old 07-09-2005, 06:09 PM   #2
triciak

Michelle, we are so proud of you! Who knows how many people just this article may help. People just don't know what's out there to help, and too many hear that dreaded word "cancer" and just give up. Joe, thanks for sharing with us! Tricia
Old 07-09-2005, 06:13 PM   #3
*_Kim in DC_*

Michelle,

Congradulations on being 2 years NED. Your strength and support has been a resource to a lot of people on this list. This article articulates your ability and drive to help yourself and others. I pray for your continued health. You are an inspiration to us all!

Kim
Old 07-10-2005, 12:13 PM   #4
SusanAnne

Michele,

You rock girl!

I think you do a little bit more than get out of bed in the morning!

You're an inspiration.

Susan
Old 07-10-2005, 05:56 PM   #5
Lisa

Way to go, girl. Spread the word!
Any member who feels their story could help others might contact the local media prior to October.

I was recently on the local network news in Dallas, where I was surprising a friend. I way waiting for her at the Komen 3-Day walk finish line, holding a big sign, and bearing my scalp. She had no idea I'd be there.

A photographer focused in on me, then helped find my friend to point me out to her. He talked both to me and Becki and we were part of the news feature. You can imagine my shock while watching the news that night. A closeup of a smiling me, with the anchor saying, "And why did this woman drive from Colorado? Stay tuned!"

My friend, talking through tears, said she couldn't do anything about my disease, but she could show her support and help raise money and awareness by walking. Where would we be without friends?