HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-05-2005, 02:12 PM   #1
NancyR

Hello,
My name is Nancy, and I am new to this board. I found it very interesting. I do have a question. I was diagnosed with breast cancer in Sept. 2004. I had a 2cm. tumor, er and pr negative and Her2neu positive 3+. I finished chemo (Taxol- 6 rounds) the end of January. My physician told me at my last checkup that she now wants me to have Herceptin (6 IV doses). She said, since the end of April, it is now recommended that early breast CA - her2neu positive, and no mets be offered the drug Herceptin. I am wondering if this has been offered to anyone else? I am concerned, because the web sites I have visited only mentioned it being given at the same time as chemo is used, or prior to surgery. Also of concern, is the cost and side affects. I must mention, that this is the second time I have had breast cancer. The first was 10 years ago, opposite breast, er & pr positive with unknown her2neu status.

Any help or suggestions would be helpful, especially since I have lost a lot of confidence in my physician, but she is the only one in this area.

Thanks so much.
Nancy