HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-30-2006, 11:18 AM   #1
Joe
Webmaster

Our Greatest Asset

are our members.

During the last twelve months our group has participated in the following cancer related events:
California Breast Cancer Research Program - Sacramento September 2005
San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium - December 2005
YSC / LBBC Survivors Conference - Denver February 2006
ASCO Annual Meeting - Atlanta Georgia - June 2006
San Diego Cancer Survivorship Day - June 2006

Most of the survivors, bc researchers, physicians, pharmaceutical executives and other healthcare professionals that we talk to are amazed at the growth and success of our group. We ALWAYS give credit to our members as they are why this organization functions so well.

Christine and I have placed a lot of effort in this website and receive no compensation whatsoever. Many of you may be unaware that I continue to work full time as a communications engineer as I need to provide Christine with her medical benefits as well as pay to send to daughters to college full time.

I am greatly dismayed at the events of the past week and hope that not only will they resolve themselves without my intervention but will not be repeated in the future. I was unable to respond quickly as I was away on business in Nevada and did not return until late Friday evening.

Remember, you are in our home as our guests, please conduct yourselves accordingly. Please treat each other with respect and civility.

Warmest Regards
Joe

Illegitimi non carborundum

My Album
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 12:56 PM   #2
Barbara H.

Thank you Joe and Christine!!!

I just want to say thank you again, Joe and Christine for this wonderful site. It has made such a difference in my life since my recurrence. At the time I was in shock and very scared. This site gave me hope and I was able to get on with my life. I respect everyone here for their efforts to post and to offer their advice, and this site has wonderful and compassionate members.

It's also inevitable that we will disagree with opinions or thoughts that are posted. That does not make it OK to respond in a disrespectful tone when we disagree. However, none of us is perfect, and we all do and say things at times that we may regret. We have to remember that we all have a lot on our plate. Therefore I want all members here to understand that I respect your opinions, even when I may disagree. I am also willing to forgive an unsettling post. This group is so strong because of the willingness and time that the members take to support each other.

I thank all who come to this site for your support to me and to others.

Barbara H.
Barbara H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 06:03 AM   #3
RobinP

Wink

Thank you so much for providing Her2support to breast cancer survivors. The website certainly has been a tremendous support to me psychologically, just communicating to others in the same boat, and it has been great source information on breast cancer treatments and concerns. Thanks again for all of your support to those with her2 breast cancer Joe and Christine, you're heros.

Last edited by RobinP; 08-04-2006 at 06:19 AM..
RobinP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 07:01 AM   #4
tousled1

I want to thank you for this website. It is the only place on the internet where HER2+++ breast cancer patients can come to for information and support. You and Christine deserve more than words can say.
Neoadjunct chemo: 4 A/C; 4 Taxatore
Bilateral mastectomy June 8, 2006
14 of 26 nodes positive
Herceptin June 22, 2006 - April 20, 2007
Radiation (X35) July 24-September 11, 2006
BRCA1/BRCA2 negative
Stage IV lung mets July 13, 2007 - TCH
Single brain met - August 6, 2007 -CyberKnife
Oct 2007 - clear brain MRI and lung mets shrinking.
March 2008 lung met progression, brain still clear - begin Tykerb/Xeloda/Ixempra
tousled1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 10:46 AM   #5
sarah

Dear Joe and Christine,
I love this website and it has been a lifeline for me particularly since I live in france and so don't always have the easiest way to find things out. I'm sure there are more than a few people alive today because of information they learnt here on your website. the information is fantastic and there are so many knowledeable people who participate and then there's the inspiration and comfort that I'm sure we all are happy to have. You are correct, we are a guest in your home and I for one feel that I am part of a caring and kind family who are always there to help any of us. I have never once felt paranoid about talking about anything openly, I feel secure that most people's intentions are good. I'm very sorry and upset to read that apparently some people have been nasty or rude? and I can only suppose it must be due to their medication or frustration with their illness and that unfortunately they have thoughtlessly spoken words that were hurtful. That's a shame and I'm sure it an aberration.
Thank you so very very much for this site and know how very very appreciated you and all the helpful, kind people on the site are.
Don't let the meanies get you down or make you angry. We need you!
You are wonderful people and well loved,
sarah
sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 11:45 AM   #6
sarah

Joe,
Another thought - menopause! Chemo sometimes throws women into menopause and some are going through it when they get cancer and it does make some people wild! So maybe the weirdness comes from that????
Just a thought
sarah
sarah is offline   Reply With Quote