HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-16-2008, 09:43 AM   #1
John21

Unhappy The "Process" by Husband

I have to tell you I am really tired of the medical process and the time it takes to get somehting done. I call it the process.

My wife has had sever sciatica over the last year with little results in fixing it. They seem to just want to give pills and thats it. They have done injections, mris, cat scans and cannot not pin it down. The process continues when we finally got tired of our doctors non-attentiveness and went for a second opinion. Here we go again, the process takes a couple of weeks to get in, they poke prod and give us an opinion - not helpful.

Finally we take matters into our own hands and start radiation as we feel they did not hit the correct spot the first time on here spine. The general consensus is the problem is in her sacrum(previous mets that were there with no problem) We started radiation and we think it is working a little so far. The problem now is she may have permenant nerve damage and problems walking for the rest of her life.

Well, we decided to take one more chance and see one more facility. The process again takes about a week to get in, but this one is a winner so far in my book. She actually took time to investigate the symptoms. We have to start with a new oncologist, but I liked her. Within the same day she believes she has a diagnosis. Her it goes because I want to here from you guys about this>

> caudo equinas syndrome - basically tumor mets pressing on the nerve bundle in the sacrum area
radiation may be the answer, but surgery may be needed to stop the compression or furthur mobility may be lossed

> the second less possible is Carcinoma menigitis - I really hope not

Anyone that has been through this or heard of it please respond. HHHEEEELLLLPPPP!!!!!
John21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 02:54 PM   #2
Faith in Him

John,

Just bumping this up for you. I really hope you get some answers soon.
03/07 CT & Bone scan - Clear
AC x 4, Taxol x 4, Added Herceptin
Radiation until 09/07
Herceptin every 3 weeks until 06/08
01/10/08 local recurrence -IBC
01/28/08 CT & Brain MRI - clear
02/08 - Navelbine & Herceptin
05/08 -MRM
05/08 - Gemzar & Herceptin - didn't work
09/08 - Hyperthermia rads
03/09 - Tykerb/Xeloda
05/10 - Tram flap to fix wound