HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-08-2005, 12:45 PM   #1
Ali b

Hello all!
Resurfacing after months of mess.
On first day of WBR my mother accidently drove me into a wall at 60mph,Mum broke her sternum,I had serious abdo injuries,was in hospital for ages[hateful,was taken to rads daily in my bed]surgeon told me I almost died[great!]
Adhesions from surgery caused me to lose 28lbs of steriod weight HOORAY!
a CT of my head was taken on 2nd Dec,investigating my vomiting[turned out to be abdo surg]showed that the two bigger tumours had shrunk "a bit"5 small ones were "gone" and several "sparklies"had appeared[new tumours they said]everything is in parietal and occipital regions.Onc tells me original mets only there for 3 months he reckons.
He seems v gloomy abt my prognosis,hoping to keep me going "till Spring anyway"
Yesterday I got back in my car first time and drove to pool,toiled to do 1000 metres but managed.
Onc says no more WBR but said maybe gammaknife at somepoint[he said I couldn't have that at first,too many tumours]
I did my swim,I'll try to attach my latest article to this,I wrote one re my brain mets and another article named "Holy Smoke"is about me too,fame!
Thankyou for responding to Ally[the other one]when she came here seeking help for me recently.
love Ali xxxxxxx
http://www.hoolet.org.uk/43hoolet/tide.htm