HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-05-2005, 04:59 AM   #1
*_Sherry in WV_*

HI, I want to thank everyone for the encouragement. You are all so wonderful! I have made a list of several things to talk with my Onc about, after reading your posts.
I am currently on CMF. Had second round last FRiday and blood work today. Counts are very very low, had to have platletes again.
This seems to be my problem, everything I have been on have wiped out my counts and then I get massive infections. I have had mouth sores and sluffing off the entire tissue in my mouth and tongue. I am hanging in there. I am sorry I stopped using the board when I ws so down, you all are simply the best.
Thanks
Peace,
Sherry
Old 03-05-2005, 06:12 PM   #2
Sandy H.

Sherry we are happy you are back. You are in my thoughts and prayers. We want you to stay close by and keep in touch with us so we can encourage and inspire you during these down times. Hang in there and welcome back even though you never really left us. We did miss you. Sending you a big HUG. Sandy
Old 03-05-2005, 07:39 PM   #3
al from canada

Hi Sherry,
Are you on Neupongen (neulasta)?? because, if not, you probably should be; also, yogurt will help you mouth sores.
Wishing the best for you,
Al
Old 03-07-2005, 11:44 AM   #4
*_Sherry in Wv_*

I am on Neulasta and Arensep. The Doc just started me on Diflucin and Acylovair for my mouth. My counts were really low Friday. WBC 0.5 and PLTs 15. I had to have a 6 pack of plts. Too bad it was't the kind of six pack to enjoy!
Peace,
Sherry
Old 03-07-2005, 12:32 PM   #5
StephN

Sherry -
Are taking a multivitamiin with trace minerals? The minerals are very important as is a diet rich in vegetables and fresh fruit.
I ate a lot of lentils and also good fish.
I am just wondering what is beating your counts up so much if you are on the red and white count boosters. Most people can get along nicely with these and never need anything like platelets.
I was once scheduled for a blood transfusion, but by the time they got the blood the next day, my counts went up enough on their own that my doctor pulled the blood, preferring not to expose me to any risk of Hepatitis C, however small. I was ok without the blood.

Hope you can stay on track and get your system adjusted - some people are more sensitive to the drugs than others and maybe your dose is a little too high.
StephN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 05:18 PM   #6
*_Sherry in WV_*

I wish they could figure out why my counts go so low. My poor Onc just looks at me and shakes his head. He has called several other Oncs across the country to see if they have an answer. I only have one kidney so that may determine the low Hbg cts, but not the WBC's. Believe me I worry about all the other diseases I could get with blood tx. I have an extra enzyme in my blood, so I can only receive blood from people with the same enzyme.
I eat fresh fruit (although with low cts you shouldn't, darned if yoy do darned if you don't.) I take Multivit., fish oil, coq, milk thistle, calcium and lflax seed every day.
I will just keep plugging away.
Peace,
Sherry