View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 08:17 AM   #119
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Exclamation Calling all stage iv sisters

Well, isn't this the most marvelous post!!!! Add my name, please. Jean you rock, as always!

Andi BB '95 Stage 4 invasive lobular carcinoma (L breast -- 9 cm tumor) + 2 lymph nodes out of 21. ER/PR-. Mastectomy and tram flap reconstruction, Adria x 4, CMF 8 mnths. No one was talking HER2 back then.

'98 metastasized throughout liver. HER2+. Herceptin in clinical trials and unavailable. FDA fast-tracked H and it became available September 28, 1998. (I'd been dx in Aug.) 8 mnths Taxotere, Herceptin added in Nov of '98. Took it for 10 Years. Now 3 yrs FREE. Free of H, free of canser. Feeling great!

Take a gegillion supplements (per NY onc who specializes in this -- including necessary dosages -- ev single day AM & PM since '98) -- MOST important during chemo, to boost your immune system and energy level, keep heart strong, fight off free radicals and way more -- despite other 4 oncs who I love but can't help being mainstream conservative and frankly know little about supplements. They worried the supplements would adversely impact the efficacy of the chemo. I listened to my gut and decided to be extraordinarily brave and trust my instincts. I took the supplements. All of them.

'99 officially considered in cautious remission. It was decided by 2 out of 3 independent radiologists that the spots they see in CTs are not tumors but the dead remains of tumors, necrosis. I remain stable to this day. 12 yrs stable and thriving.

You too can be a miracle, defy the odds, trample on the stats and passionately work at remaining full of the Energy that is composed of: Love, Joy, Kindness, Caring, Thoughtfulness, Forgiveness, Humor and much Laughter, Gratitude (for your many blessings) and Awe. Hug every one, and do it for a few seconds longer than you normally would.

Stand clear of all: anger, resentment, blame, remorse, sorrow, FEAR, worries and uncertainty.

SEE yourself vividly far far into the future. Feel it! KNOW IT! OWN IT! Use the power of the energy of your thoughts positively!

Yes, I know this is a really really really tallllll order -- but YOU CAN DO IT. BELIEVE!

If one person has survived your kind of canser, SO CAN *YOU*!

Sending loving, healing energy to all my Sisters... You are radiant Souls, with a mind and body. Connect with your Spirit. Listen to your Inner Voice, not the voice in your head.

Focus all your energy on healing. And take good care of you.

Omega 3 is essential for so many things -- bc, joint pain, arm and leg pain. Read RB's posts on this, please!!
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...

Last edited by Andrea Barnett Budin; 10-11-2011 at 08:26 AM..
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote