View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 09:16 AM   #7
snolan

Re: New questions as things move forward

My expanders sat high not out to the sides, it differes I guess for everyone. My PS put in 60 cc for each expansion I went from a A to B cup too. The expander feel a lot harder then the silicon will. The silicon is soft and squishy, I think I play with them more then my husband The skin I had radiation on does effect the shape, my outer side is a little flatter compaired to the other side. But unless you are taking a hard look at them you wouldn't notice.

I too have been very open with my experience when asked I feel if I can educate people if they end up having to go through this maybe I will have helped them. I did end up with 2 friends who where dx after me and I helped them a lot with my experience.

My husband did struggle at times the best thing is to keep your line of communication open. You both need to express how you are feeling as your emotions will be up and down through this whole experience. It is good your partner is willing to support you, it is so important to have someone by your side, let him help.

I started wear a bra right after reconstruction PS even mentioned that I could, the incision are across the middle so the elastic bands of the bra won't rub on anything.

Good luck with chemo, embrace the baldness, it is a sign of strength and courage.
Suzanne
Tamox.
25 radiation tx
Removal of expander on L due to infection. Tried to save it had 3 bouts of antibiotics and went to see plastic surgeon 2-3x wk to get drained. Saving it was my idea not his. But lost it anyway.
Reconstruction set for December 21st,2011
Finished chemo 12/2010
Finished Herceptin 8/26/11
Reconstruction 12/21/11
Expanders exchanged for silicon 3/19/12
Nipple reconstruction 5/18/12
Nipple tatooing- 7/9/12- All done yay!
11/22/12-Went back to get scar tissue stretched to even the outside of breast, didn't work due to it being radiated skin.
snolan is offline   Reply With Quote