View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 02:22 PM   #1
jml

Prayers for my sweet father in hospice~

Hi Friends~
Asking for your prayers for my sweet Papa who we've moved to hospice care yesterday.
A year ago he suffered a catastrophic stroke that reduced him from an active university professor who played tennis and swam at the beach here in beautiful Hawaii to not being able to speak, tube feeding, and walking only with assistance. My incredible mother has cared for him tirelessly for this past year,but despite it all he has suffered additional mini stokes and seizures, and now respiratory issues, including pneumonia.
After prayerful deliberation, my mom made the difficult decision to move Dad to hospice. I'm so grateful to be able to be here with my sisters, supporting each other and my Mom and just loving my dad through this transition.
Hospice care has already been so helpful guiding us how to say goodbye and let go. The social worker made a point to tell me that it is important that i tell my dad that i'm going to be okay, and that i will continue fighting. I honestly never in a million years thought that i would survive this disease before losing my parents. But i have to tell him that i'm going to be okay. At east i've been able to share with him my most clean brain scans and I hope that brings him some comfort and peace.
It has been an intense couple of days, and I know the upcoming will be even more so, so I ask all of you for your prayers and strength.
Thanks so much.
Keep the faith~
jml

Last edited by jml; 04-06-2012 at 12:45 AM.. Reason: Typos
jml is offline   Reply With Quote